The Technology Security Operations (TSO) Vulnerability, Threat and Security Engineering Team at Bank of Ireland have a remit of discovering, assessing and reporting of any potential vulnerabilities or potential threat toward Bank of Ireland.
This team currently has the following work streams:
* Cyber-Threat Intelligence Collation, Analysis & Distribution
* Vulnerability Identification, Assessment and Communication
* Engineering & Technical Support for Selected Security Controls
The Senior Security Analyst will be responsible for performing Vulnerability assessments, and security compliance assessments when required. It will provide expertise, advice and mentoring to other team members when required. Creation of detailed documentation of services, their corresponding processes and procedures during their daily life cycle will be an element of this role.
* Perform Vulnerability assessment scans , and Policy compliance scans using specialist tooling
* Develop, improve and maintain existing processes and procedures when required.
* Gather MI from various solutions and present to senior management.
* Act as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) for internal customers where required.
* Support and mentor team members.
Key Requirements of this role:
* Minimum of Fetac Level 7 Ordinary degree in IT security or equivalent
* CISSP, CISM or equivalent
* Networking, Linux or equivalent
* Knowledge of any scripting languages would be beneficial.
* Proven years in IT Security Operations team or equivalent.
* Firm understanding of Vulnerability assessment and common practices and processes.
* Good technical knowledge of IT Systems and Controls,
* Experience in Vulnerability discovery and assessment
* Knowledge of technologies such as, Wintel, UNIX systems, Firewalls
* Good communicator
* Good at taking ownership of tasks and treating to completion,
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build productive working relationships with others
* Open attitude to change
* Customer Service focus
Group Behavioural Competencies
* Serving Customers
* Desiring Quality
* Working Together
* Solving Problems
* Achieving Results
This position may involve some element of travel, on call and flexibility regarding occasional out-of-hours work - as required by the services being delivered by the Vulnerability, Threat and Security Engineering Team.