My client a leading multinational company based in Cork has an excellent requirement for a Systems Administrator to join their team on a permanent basis. The role is an excellent opportunity to be a key contributor to global projects as well as working on some cutting-edge technology.
* Manages and supports server equipment to ensure the highest level of performance and availability in a 24X7 environment
* Actively participates in the planning, development and implementation of the installation of local and/or remote server equipment
* Proactively monitors, operates, upgrades and maintains local and/or remote server equipment ensuring availability and protection of server equipment
* Work closely with development teams on site and be a single point of contact for hosting infrastructure.
* Demonstrate technical leadership by staying current on new technologies
* Maintains up to date knowledge on the most recent server equipment technologies and evaluates vendor products by reviewing white papers, attending conferences and vendor demonstrations
* Maintain collaborative working relationship with IT services (database, data center, servers, desktop, networking, security), and software vendors, as needed
* Leads and participates in server equipment capacity planning efforts and performs development and testing of new server equipment architectures.
* Leads and participates in the installation, testing, upgrading (both software and hardware) and retirement of server equipment
* Lead project work stream activities, working with internal and external cross-functional groups
* Adhere to project plans, tasks, and deliverables; identify dependencies and resource requirements
* Appropriately communicate project status, escalate issues, and manage timelines and action items
* Works closely with the project team (internal and external) to assure a timely solution
Experience & skills required
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* 6+ years' experience in a Windows Server Administration role
* 2+ years' experience working with customers designing and architecting solutions
* Experience with Active Directory, SCCM, SCOM and VMware technologies
* Previous experience as a leading member of a large Windows server organization
* Proven ability to quickly troubleshoot issues using a sound and logical approach to deliver a valid solution
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Self-starter with strong, proactive work ethic
* Exceptional organizational & time management skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.