IT Infrastructure Project Manager
To implement and lead the operational management of large distinct local/regional/global cross-segment IT Infrastructure transformation projects, large projects of a program, or small programs and ensure that the overall project or program objectives are clearly defined and met.
· Successful implementation of projects, i.e.:
· Selecting appropriate processes required to meet the project objectives;
· Using a defined approach that can be adapted to meet requirements;
· Establishing and maintaining appropriate communication and engagement with stakeholders;
· Complying with requirements to meet stakeholder needs and expectations;
· Balancing the competing constraints of scope, schedule, budget, quality, resources, and risk to produce the specified product, service, or result;
· Ensuring change readiness of receiving organization;
· Training and mentoring next generation of project managers; and
KEY TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· Supports the sponsor in the setup of the project or program
· Execute projects in adherence to the company’s standard: Identify, define, combine, unify, and coordinate the various project management processes and activities within the company’s Project Management Framework to evaluate the proposed delivery method and (tailored) project management artifacts to be applied based on the circumstances and nature of the project, to manage successful project outcomes.
· Makes choices about resource allocation, makes trade-offs among competing objectives and alternatives, and manages the interdependencies among the project management areas.
· Ensures that the project includes all the work required, and only the work required, to complete the project successfully.
· Manages the timely completion of the project.
· Develops the business case; plans, estimates, budgets, finances, funds, manages, and controls costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget.
· Determines quality policies, objectives, and responsibilities so that the project will satisfy the needs for which it was undertaken and the project requirements, including product requirements, are met and validated.
· Organizes, manages, and leads the team that is responsible for achieving the project objectives.
· Ensures timely and appropriate planning, collection, creation, distribution, storage, retrieval, management, control, monitoring, and the ultimate disposition of project information.
· Communicates effectively through different mediums at all levels
· Conducts risk management planning, identification, analysis, response planning, and controlling risk on a project to increase the likelihood and impact of positive events, and decrease the likelihood and impact of negative events in the project.
· If necessary, purchases or acquires products, services, or results needed from outside the project team.
· Identifies the people, groups, or organizations that could impact or be impacted by the project. Understands and analyses their needs and expectations and their impact on the project, addresses issues as they occur, manages conflicting interests and develops appropriate management strategies for effectively engaging stakeholders in project decisions and execution.
· Be responsible for business / operational readiness assessment and business approval to implement projects safely
· Acts with integrity, confidence & accountability, demonstrate sound business ethics and consistently adheres to and promotes these throughout the project life cycle.
· Coaches and develops lower-level project managers
· Contributes actively to the development of the project management profession in the company, for example, by sharing best practices, mentoring others in project, program, and change management, and supporting the further development of the methodology
TRAVEL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
· Travel may be required (dependent on scope / type of project)
· Compliance to Methodologies and Policies
· Project Management Framework (PMF) and its supplements, in particular the Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - for IT projects and programs
· Risk Policy (RP) and its appendix company’s Project Governance
· Procurement policies
· ITIL service management – for IT projects and programs
· Master’s degree (or equivalent)
· Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification
· Lean Yellow Belt certification or equivalent is desirable
· Recent exposure to IT infrastructure services within the Financial Services industry desirable
· Proven experience of working within a large Global or Regional organisation within a multi-national company
· Proven experience of working within a supplier lead service delivery model
· Proven experience of working in IT Infrastructure maintenance projects (technical refresh), SW upgrade project (Internet Explorer, MS Office).
· Ability to work in a highly process driven and outsourced work environment.
· Good influencing skills, demonstrable though all levels of the organisation.
· Well-developed team building and collaboration capabilities.
· Quality management and process improvement capabilities desired
· Persuasive presentation skills
· Fully proficient in English, both oral and written. Additional language skills are considered a bonus.
· Structured Analytical skills with the ability to work under pressure
· Experience in Commercial & Contractual considerations in an outsourced delivery model is a plus
· Sound knowledge of Productivity and Reporting toolsets (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
· 8 or more years of experience in managing projects, including 2 or more years on projects of a program, with a proven track record of delivery
Experience in IT Infrastructure desirable
· PMI (TBD) Advanced
· Working with Planview - Intermediate