Senior Security Researcher
Belfast, Co. Antrim
£Excellent DOE Plus Excellent Benefits Package
This role is with a visionary IT company that offers unique security solutions to today’s coding challenges. They are now seeking a Senior Security Researcher to join their team.
If you are a talented software development professional with experience in detection and protection technologies and a plethora of additional skills, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with an industry leading brand.
As pioneers of their sector, the company boasts solutions that are way ahead of the competition and is proud that their solutions are revolutionising the way security is handled and dealt with. If you are looking for challenge, reward and an exceptional working environment, this is the role for you.
As a Senior Security Researcher, you will be leading the fight against security breaches and vulnerabilities.
Developing mitigation and remediation guidance for vulnerabilities, you and your team will work with the Engineering function to identify current and future needs and analyse data for presentations.
You will directly contribute to white papers, reports and industry presentations which will firmly place the company at the forefront of industry thinking.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Engage with core business functions to continuously improve product capabilities
- Document security tools and associated systems
- Perform security research activities
- Work with customers to fully understand potential threats and vulnerability information
Interested? To be considered, you must have:
- At least five years’ professional experience in software development using C/C++, Java, or .NET, security research and security testing, including using static and dynamic analysis tools
- Experience with detection and protection technologies, such as IDS/IPS/WAF
- Scripting experience with Python, Perl, Java, Ruby or similar
- An understanding of KillChain model
- A solid understanding of existing threats and mitigation and/or remediation strategies
- An understanding of the importance of strong process and structured documentation and/or reporting capabilities
- A demonstrable understanding of the secure development lifecycle, including security requirements, threat modelling and attack surface analysis
- Advanced knowledge of various operating systems and common applications
- The ability to perform vulnerability and/or penetration assessments
- The proven ability to develop and mentor team members whilst providing leadership
- Familiarity with various testing tools
- A Master’s in computer science (or equivalent)
Versatile and flexible, as a Senior Security Researcher, you’ll also need first class written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced environment. Demonstrable strong problem solving skills are also key, as is the ability to work independently.
To apply for the role of Senior Security Researcher, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Senior Security Researcher, Software Security Engineer, Security Software Developer, Security Engineer, Security Software Analyst, Software Engineer, Software Developer.