Citrix, Netscaler and VDI Infrastructure Lead , for Infrastructure Operations - Bank of Ireland - Group Technology and Change
The Citrix, Netscaler and VDI Lead will plan, direct and co-ordinate the efforts of the Bank and vendor technical teams to manage the successful delivery of Operational Citrix, Netscaler and VDI Services in the live environment. They will implement and manage policies and standards, across the components.
To fulfil this role, there is a requirement to have strong experience in SIAM with managing multi-vendors in depth. This is to give assurances that services are being delivered effectively in order to safeguard the business and improve the stability and delivery, of this core service.
In addition to the ongoing operational responsibilities the holder of this role must also seek to plan effectively and optimize live operations to maximise quality and minimise risk. These responsibilities will require extensive stakeholder and vendor management skills to effectively influence others as well as drive change within the holder`s direct area of responsibility.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for; Live Service Operations, Operational Readiness Testing, Risk & Compliance and Management.
Key accountabilities include:
Live Service Operations
* Implement and manage the Remote access build policy and standard
* Monitor and report on remote access, Citrix, Netscaler and VDI standard compliance
* Familiarise oneself with latest technology and Best practice for Remote access and VDI
* Recommend and implement improvements across Citrix, Netscaler and VDI processes and environment
* Manage the supply / demand of End user Hardware
* Have strong understanding of Citrix, Netscaler and VDI, as well as monitoring and checking approach to more effectively identify potential incidents before they occur
* Liaise with the Infrastructure Asset Manager for VDI related items
* Liaise with AV & Patching End Point Lead to ensure compliance across the environment
* Assist the Technical Security Operations with issue resolutions for Citrix, Netscaler and VDI related incidents
* Strong experience in working with multi-vendors to ensure that live services are managed effectively
* Review and triage of Citrix, Netscaler and VDI events and incidents to ensure rapid diagnosis of root causes and ensuring that appropriate remediation actions are triggered
* Effectively escalating issues where necessary to Infrastructure Operations / Technology Services leadership to ensure that quality standards are delivered
* Acting as a technical SME on End User Computing Infrastructure for the Bank and sharing that expertise as required within the Infrastructure Operations Team
* Driving continual improvement across both Bank and vendor teams to ensure ongoing optimisation of performance of services
* Working with the capacity planning process to ensure that sufficient capacity is available for successful live service delivery
Operational Readiness Testing:
* Working with change delivery teams to ensure that any changes to live operational or introduction of new infrastructure components comply with the Bank`s Policy, have been tested to a required standard and the impact on existing services is understood
* Ensuring all new components complies with the current processes or new processes are implemented
* Responsible for ensuring the design and implementation of structured and documented operati