IT Audit - Dublin City Centre
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established Audit team in a well renowned brand.
You will be responsible for the completion of general IT audit engagements, the completion of audits in conjunction with Internal Audit's external IT audit advisors, as well as the rollout of improved IT audit capability within the Internal Audit team.
* To provide IT audit support, such as data extraction, data analytics through the use of Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAAT's), and targeted sample selection to the other members of the Internal Audit team.
* To ensure that audit scope memoranda take due account of IT-related considerations.
* Assist Internal Audit Management on the short and long term planning of IT-related audit activity and to provide IT-related direction and assistance to the Internal Audit Team.
* Review the risk management process to ensure that major IT-related risks are being identified and appropriately mitigated and to provide risk and control based advice to other areas of the business including major IT-related organisational change initiatives.
* To promote the rollout of audit automation and the increased use of computer assisted audit techniques (CAAT's) among the audit team.
* To work in association with external professional advisors to the audit team including external consultancies.
* To carry out or oversee audit work.
* To keep abreast of regulatory developments affecting the group and the wider IT environment generally.
* To research audit areas, scope assignments, carry out fieldwork, attend exit meetings, agree audit findings and recommendations, co-ordinate the receipt of management comments and to issue final audit reports.
* To monitor management actions to address agreed audit recommendations in a timely manner and review and challenge remedial actions taken by the business to address audit findings.
* To properly record the specific audit steps undertaken in an electronic work paper.
* Strong IT background, ideally having completed or currently completing a third level qualification in an IT-related discipline.
* Some level of familiarity with risk based auditing
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Well developed analytical and computer-literacy skills with knowledge of Microsoft applications and preferably CAAT's.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
* Proven ability of demonstrating a professional approach in all dealings with internal and external clients.
* A highly motivated self-starting individual.
* A strong focus on attention to detail.
* Strong understanding of risk and internal controls.
* Experience of insurance/financial services industry and strong business acumen
* CISA or CISM qualified or willingness to undertake
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.