Junior Systems Administrator
The junior systems administrator will perform some of the daily routines currently performed by the software development team. The role will be primarily support-focused with the core responsibility being the support of the software product suite currently deployed. Some operations management by way of systems checking and maintenance will also be expected along with the possibility of further developing internal applications. We primarily use Microsoft technologies but have also deployed applications in JSP.
Duties & Responsibilities
The role will report directly to the Chief Operation Officer. Typical responsibilities of the role might include:
* Support a critical website that customers use to access our services. This will involve the handling of existing customer queries by telephone and/or e-mail when they arise. The on-boarding of new customers will also be facilitated.
* Manage a Windows desktop application that customers also use to access our services. This will primarily involve the support of existing customers. Some configuration changes to existing installations may be required to facilitate customer expectations.
* Support an in-house developed file transfer application. The candidate will be expected to work with customers to facilitate and implement configuration changes as required. This application uses leased line technology and the internet as its means of communication and the candidate will be expected to troubleshoot connectivity issues which will afford them experience on Cisco infrastructure and the OSPF routing protocol.
* Perform basic operations management which will involve monitoring critical infrastructure on a daily basis and reporting anomalies should they arise. The candidate will be expected to work with third-parties to remediate infrastructural issues when they arise.
* The opportunity will exist to support and further enhance internal websites and applications. We primarily deploy Microsoft technology and have developed websites in ASP.Net and applications with VB.Net.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate who desires a well-rounded and varied work experience. The role envisaged covers the full software development lifecycle right through to customer support. There will also be opportunities to support the desktop and physical networking environment and thereby gain exposure to Cisco and Checkpoint technologies.
Working hours are 09:15 to 17:15 Monday to Friday. The role will be fulltime.