Data Scientist (ML Software Engineering)
Permanent job with excellent salary and benefits package
Job Reference: BBBH10005
Allen Recruitment is assisting a start-up company currently building a Machine Learning and Data Science team in Dublin source a number of Data Scientists with strong Software Engineering experience (suitable applicants will have proven experience implementing and applying Machine Learning and Data Analytical techniques and methodologies within a commercial environment).
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a new operation with huge expansion plans for 2016/17 and beyond.
* As a Data Science Software Engineer you will work with internal business stakeholders to perform requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing (designing and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders)
* Design reusable components, frameworks and libraries
* Work very closely with architecture groups to drive solutions
* Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases
* Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
* Mentor and guide other software engineers within the team
* Advanced degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics (or similar)
* 3+ years of demonstrated Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Predictive Analytics experience
* 3+ years of experience manipulating large datasets
Working knowledge of various Machine Learning and Cognitive technologies:
* IBM Watson, SAS, Amazon ML, Google Cloud ML, Azure ML Studio
Experience in applying core Machine Learning methodologies:
* Regression, Classification, Clustering, Matrix Factorization, Predictive Analytics, Natural Language processing, Decision trees, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks/ Deep Learning
* Self-motivated, capable to grasp analytical concepts and clearly understand how analytical solutions can be incorporated into broader business solutions
* Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, H2o and others
* Ability to create prototypes utilising a mix of tools (i.e. R, Python, Scala, Java or similar stack) to demonstrate the results of algorithmic approaches
* Agile Software Development experience
* Strong communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a brand new Machine Learning / Data Science team here in Dublin which is focused on developing and implementing cutting edge Machine Learning solutions for their business.
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) to: