Our Client, a global investment bank, is currently recruiting for a senior UI Developer to join their global innovation centre in the city centre. To be the right UI Developer for this job, you will have strong experience in Angular.JS with a Java background. It would be beneficial to have a demonstrated interested in contributing to the open source community (e.g Github or bit bucket)
If you are successful in your application for this UI developer job, you will be joining a small but elite team of developers and devops engineers, who work on projects that are global in nature and critical to the bank’s future data integration plans. Although working for a bank, this team has the mentality of a start-up, as such the opportunities to get exposed to a wide range of technologies and skills are abundant and contained within an extremely innovative environment.
There is an increasing business and regulatory need for cross-business, cross-product views of data. To meet the regulatory reporting pressure, the bank is working on a utility toolkit which will enable projects to manage and share their data, but making use of reusable components.
These components provide:
• Data management capabilities including bi-temporal versioning
• Facilitate change control of schemas and APIs
• Lightweight fully functional REST services to transform, distribute and share the data.
• Publication and continuous query distribution technology
• Facilitate community feedback, overrides and data model extensions
Data integration framework programme goals
• Serve as a common, standard technology to access to data for consumers
• Become the authoritative source for lineage, provenance and history
• Provide a single platform for discovery and search across data
• Enable rapid development of cross-asset business applications/adapters
• Establish the tooling, meta-data and organizational structures to enable enterprise governance of data
• Enable timely self-service access to data assets
• Support the adoption of an enterprise data model
• Primarily responsible for UI and user interaction points for different user groups, developer, Operations, support, BA and end user teams
• Dissect the existing application stack and convert the configuration of the system and application into an automated process
• Interface with development teams to understand code changes, assess risk and ensure best practices for operational tasks.
• Communicate and document procedures
• Writing automated tests to cover our business cases
• Experience in configuring build servers such as Team City with grunt tasks and have a strong approach to automated deployments.
• Experience in managing multiple timelines and completing tasks quickly within the constraints of timelines and budgets
• Any background using Java, SQL and NoSQL databases is a plus.
• Any web sites links or github repository examples that demonstrate the ability to create UIs are welcome.
Candidate will be:
• Familiar with npm, bower, yo and grunt. CSS pre-processors such as SASS or LESS are desirable Able to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
• Familiar with various web development frameworks and strategies
• Be able to engineer/articulate a direction for future RESTful web services as we are in the early stages of design/development.
• Able to communicate directly with peers, managers, and clients while leading development to a completed and successful solution.
If you believe you, or somebody you know, could be the right UI Developer for this job, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters on 016621000.