itContracting on behalf of our client is seeking applications for a Solution Architect, this is a permanent position based in Dublin.
* Working with the business to define, design and estimate solutions.
* Designing, documenting and presenting application architecture.
* Maintaining both incremental and master design documentation.
* Guiding development teams, conducting code and design reviews.
* Working with DevOps to oversee unit testing and build reporting.
* Enforcing technical standards for design, code and unit testing.
* Participating in daily stand-ups, making technical decisions and clearing technical road blocks.
* Defining design patterns, framework and standards definition.
* Participating in bi-weekly Architectural Review Board for reviewing project designs and approving new technologies.
* Performing Proof of Concept work on new technology.
* Identifying refactoring and consolidation opportunities.
* 5+ years practical experience in enterprise/solution architecture
* 5+ years of direct business interaction in designing technical solutions
* Direct experience in an Agile environment
* Experience giving technical direction to and monitoring an offshore development team
* Comfortable designing process and building an architectural practice
* Experience with Continuous Integration environments/technology
* Knowledge of a non-mainstream language: Scala, R, LISP, Assembly, Objective C, Clojure, etc.
* Fluency in a scripting language: Perl, Python, Ruby, Powershell, Ksh, Bash, etc.
* Knowledge of configuration management tools: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt
* Fluency in Continuous Integration principles and tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, TFS, etc.
* Strong understanding of web architecture
* Strong data modeling skills
* Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
* Fluency in web servers, app servers, relational databases
* Fluency in servers, networking and Windows/Unix/Linux
* Very strong documentation skills (deftness in writing is a good indicator)
* TOGAF certification nice to have
* Knowledge of Analytics and Big Data a nice to have
* Knowledge of columnar/no SQL databases (Cassandra is worth extra points)
* Certification or actual work experience in an agile methodology environment: Scrum, Kanban, AUP, DSDM, etc.
* In terms of technologies we employ today (not necessarily go-forward):
* Linux Red Hat
* Angular JS (go-forward, not pervasive)
* Cassandra (go-forward, not pervasive)
* Powerbuilder (targeting deprecation)
* Cold Fusion (deprecated)
* SQL Server (very small footprint)