Solutions Architect (Cloud | Analytics | AppDev)
· Work as part of a team of architects across the entire stack and across all stages of the analytics value chain, looking to architect, implement and optimise solutions to fully exploit AWS cloud technology (both IaaS and PaaS), facilitating initiatives through practical experimentation and Proof-Of-Concepts where appropriate.
· Lead solution design during the Project Portfolio Grooming process defining cloud-ready solutions, and capturing first look principles, work breakdown, assumptions and risks
· Lead/contribute to breakdown of solutions for relevant Agile team backlogs providing oversight and guidance to achieve the target state.
· Support multiple Agile Scrum teams through requirements grooming and delivery of projects, maintaining a holistic view of the solution throughout and clearly articulating this to both teams and stakeholders.
· Contribute heavily to application and infrastructure level architecture to ensure alignment to business requirements and success drivers.
· Lead efforts to re-architect and rationalise existing applications as they migrate to AWS using Cloud services to improve resiliency, availability, performance – adopting the immutable mind-set and designing for failure.
· Be an innovator and leaders in solution delivery by truly mastering the adoption of cloud services and accelerate internal knowledge towards understanding how best to leverage those services through collaboration with software, infrastructure and business teams.
· Help define principles, roadmap and target architecture for areas of analytics capability.
· Work with global teams to enhance cloud and analytics competencies helping to write and establish the standards for both business and the wider group.
· Help advance the security standards and practices around our cloud estate, in adherence to internal governance and security risk management policies.
· Architect and build an IaaS/PaaS –based solution in AWS for a data-intensive business
· Conduct in-depth analysis of Analytics workloads (ETL, Python, .Net, BI), absorbing complexity and communicating a simple vision of the cloud-based solution.
· Act as custodian of the platform, helping to ensure business & IT make well-informed choices on projects which impact the direction of our technology estate.
· Traverse from web portals to BI tools, web services, ETL jobs, databases and underlying infrastructure and back, building a cohesive view of a solution across the architecture stack.
· Hit the ground running in understanding and advancing the controls around our cloud estate and accelerating others’ understanding and experience to the same level.
· Mobilise development and infrastructure teams towards delivery of end solution, ensuring architecture principles and vision permeate the team in their day-to-day work.
· Navigate the discussions with business, governance and IT to ensure a compliant, robust and secure solution is achieved in a cost-effective manner.
· Document concisely and clear throughout, ensuring maximum transparency and knowledge transfer across IT.
· Act as a change agent for the organisation, constructive, positive and extremely solution-focussed in interactions with all staff.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
· Extensive hands-on technical experience with at least two of:
o AWS Cloud Technology (EC2, ECS, S3, Elasticache, Redshift etc.)
o Container Technology using Docker
o ETL (using Python, DataStage, Wherescape Red or similar)
o Advanced analysis (statistical, modelling, machine learning) in a cloud environment
· Experience with TOGAF or similar architecture frameworks.
· Experience with Sparx EA or similar tools
· Strong awareness and appreciation for architecture/design patterns.
· Excellent diagrammatic and documentation skills
· Highly proficient in SQL (Amazon Redshift, SQL Server, Oracle).
· Experience with BI and Analytics tools such as Tableau, Jaspersoft, Alteryx desirable
· Hands-on application performance tuning and troubleshooting experience.
· Good awareness of business and operating models, ideally within Financial Services.
· Knowledge of business continuity planning (BCP), Information Security and IT Security Risk Management.
· Someone with exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to interact at all levels within a global and diverse organisation
· An effective decision-maker with an operational outlook and exercise sound and balanced judgment
· Flexible to work out of regular working hours, if required.
· Comfortable and composed working in a high-pressure environment
· Able to multi- task , work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Focused on attention to detail and accuracy and have strong analytic/diagnostic skills
· Flexible within the role and displays a willingness to get involved in appropriate tasks as requested from time to time
· Familiar with Service Management toolsets, processes and workflows
· Able to demonstrate customer management / service skills
· Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
· BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
· Ideally TOGAF certified, or equivalent architecture framework.
· Ideally AWS certified, or similar certification in Cloud-related technology.
· Working knowledge of Agile and ITIL Service Management
· Great career opportunities both in Ireland and globally.
· Great training opportunities – AWS/ITIL/Agile/TOGAF/Archimate certification
· Opportunity to work with talented, motivated colleagues e.g. 12 AWS certified on site.
· Agile working, in a cross-functional team – 14 teams spanning Business & IT at present
· Chance to work with great technologies in a high profile area of the industry, helping to bring game changing analytics to the market
· Sport and social club that contributes to the fun office environment
· Remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best