Digital Planet is Ireland's leading Cloud Services Provider, providing flexible, secure and highly available systems to a wide range of Irish and international clients. Digital Planet is seeking a support engineer to join our team based out of our head office in Cherrywood, Dublin, this is a permanent position.
This is a support role which will offer the right candidate significant opportunity for development and advancement of their career in IT.
* Work within a support team with varied skill sets and experience
* Support customer environments & respond to change requests
* Maintain and improve documentation of customers' environments
* Provide Level 2 troubleshooting to resolve technical issues
* Work within change management policies to ensure success of changes
Essential skills and experience
* VMware vSphere 5.5 or later (ideally with certification)
* Microsoft Server 2008 R2/2012/R2 Technology (including Active Directory)
* >2 years relevant experience in a support role
* Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
* 3rd level degree in a relevant field
* Some Linux experience would be an advantage
* Conscientious, trustworthy and capable of organizing and delivering on tasks within a team environment
* Customer focussed
* Ambitious & eager to learn and develop skills
* Strong troubleshooting and communications skills essential
* Great attention to detail
* Mobile phone
* Training and development
* Health insurance
PS: If you have never contracted before and would like to learn more about how easy it is to start contracting we would be delighted to discuss this with you.
For further information please feel free to contact us or apply here to us. Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
itContracting is Ireland's key provider of IT Contract and Permanent Professionals.
Please be advised you will receive a semi-automated response to acknowledge receipt of your application.