Application Developer is responsible for working with various technology teams to develop and implement Fund Service technology solutions.
The ideal candidate will be an information technology expert with strong technical knowledge and expertise in multiple programming languages and platforms. A 'can do' attitude and the aptitude to self-learn industry trends are a must.
The Development team must work closely with the project and operate teams to address system, software, integration, and compatibility issues along with subject matter experts in other areas as needed to arrive at an optimal design.
Candidate must be able to work through various processes typically found in large corporations while at the same time embracing a fast paced agile environment.
Our goal is to bring knowledge / expertise in-house.
* General intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new skills and technologies.
* Excellent communication skills
* Significant development experience in at least one structured language: Java, C#/.Net
* Experience with Object Orientated design and design patterns
* Self-starter with the ability to self-learn and quickly able to come up to speed and thrive on new technologies in a dynamic environment
* Handle multiple, discrete activities simultaneously
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Demonstrate a consistent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
* Understanding of the SDLC
* Demonstrate hands on ability in architecture, design and development of scalable, complex C#/Java / J2EE software applications
* Interest in learning and utilizing proprietary Business Rules programming language
* Ability in Wintel and SQL 2008
* Experience evaluating products/tools for specific requirements for integration with existing system
* Ability and experience conducting trainings/sessions for other team members on application and up and coming technologies
* Capable of troubleshooting issues with applications and creating both quick and long term solutions to address the issues
* Proven abilities using profiling tools for database and application performance
* Experience documenting system designs and deployment plans with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint)
* Experience with Agile system development environment
* Unit test driven development
* Adobe Flex with Java
* Networking fundamentals
* Security and encryption fundamentals (SSL/TLS, SSH, PGP)
* Financial background
About My Client
They are a global leader across banking, markets, and investor services. The world's most significant corporations, governments and institutions deliver us with their business in more than 100 countries. With over $17 trillion of assets under custody and $390 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.