Reference No: 915983FK
Location: Co. Dublin
Job Type: Permanent
Introduction: Our client develops their own mission critical and tailored software. Their team of experts work closely with other organisations to create custom solutions designed and configured specifically to manage certain requirements. They are looking for a Software Development Engineer with proven design, installation and support skills.
* Develop new software features within the development team.
* Maintenance of existing software products.
* Take active participation in code reviews and code improvement.
* Take active participation in software engineering process.
* Develop and apply test cases for all software that is implemented.
* Share ideas on potential product and process improvements within the team.
* Find and fix issues that arise in the software.
Skills / Experience:
* A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Software Engineering/Science/ relevant industry experience
* Exposure to a commercial RDBMS such as Oracle or SQL Server with proficiency in SQL
* 1-3 years' experience in software development
* An eye for good clean design and usability
* Self-starter with strong initiative and an ability to learn new technologies as they go
* Have good written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills
Nice to have:
* Experience with SQL extension such as PL/SQL
* ExtjS and/or Sencha Touch experience (a huge plus)
* Previous experience of a Source Code Management tool such as SVN or Git
* Knowledge of other languages including Java and C++
* Experience with build systems such as Grunt and ANT
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.