AWS Cloud Engineer
My client has embarked on an AWS cloud-first strategy and have presented at AWS Enterprise Summits. With over a dozen AWS certified staff in-house, they are on the leading edge of the company’s journey to cloud. Through an Agile delivery model their Cloud Engineering team are delivering IaaS/PaaS in support of new strategic analytics projects, while advancing a lift & shift of their existing application estate from their incumbent hosting partner. With a sizeable roadmap ahead for a key revenue-generating business unit, they need the best minds in industry to help advance their journey.
· Liaising with local stakeholders to plan and progress delivery of cloud infrastructure
· Full IaaS/PaaS development, following local & global architectural standards and processes
· Delivery and review of architecture diagrams and project documentation
· Configuration capture and ongoing management processes
· Infrastructure scripting through CloudFormation (and Puppet)
· Security Group configuration and management
· Deployment of all approved AWS services (EC2 incl. auto-scaling, ELB, EBS & S3, Redis, Cloudwatch, EMR etc.)
· Advancing standards and policies for digestion by global Cloud community
· Refinement of Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) model to support Continuous Delivery, incl. all user account creation and permissions management (IAM, AD Wintel & Linux)
· Delivery of IT Infrastructure artefacts to facilitate planning and delivery of Lift & Shift:
· Datacentre hardware reconciliation and categorisation
· Software licensing & subscriptions register
· Process documentation
· Topology diagrams
· Environment & release documentation
· Performance analysis incl. instance type mapping etc.
· Liaising with vendors and crafting business case for procurement of specific capabilities
Knowledge and Experience
· BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
· Certification Amazon Web Services (AWS) to associate or professional-level, and/or hands-on cloud engineering experience for min. 2 years.
· Microsoft Windows or Linux OS certification highly desirable
Hands-on AWS cloud experience for min. 2 years
4+ year’s hands on experience in an IT Support or Admin position
Management of Infrastructure Roll-Out, Network and Migration projects
· Amazon Web Services – key IaaS/PaaS services (see responsibilities)
· Puppet / Chef or other infrastructure scripting approaches
· Familiarity with formal modelling tools and languages (Archimate, and UML)
· SQL and NoSQL database management systems
· MS Windows and Linux Server Operating Systems
· Knowledge of Virtualisation, Remote Access Technologies, Networking & Firewalls
· Excellent Communications skills (both oral and written).
· Strong reasoning and problem solving skills.
· Self-motivated with ability to work in a dynamic working environment.
· Good Team Player with a collaborative approach
· Focused on building strong business relationships, with good organisational awareness
· High level of professionalism and displaying emotional intelligence
· Knowledge and experience of IT Governance Frameworks and Agile Methodologies (e.g. ITIL, Scrum)