Create the technology of tomorrow
Creating and extending computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth--that's our vision, is it yours?
As a Software Engineer, you will work in a Software development team delivering best-in-class Security, Networking and Wireless Applications for Intel Architecture (IA) embedded processors.
This team focuses on solutions for Software Defined Networking (SDN) architecture and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) working collaboratively with our partners, open source community and internal teams.
You will be based in Shannon, Ireland as a member of a talented team of software developers and will have the opportunity to work with teams across the globe using Agile software development methodologies.
- Honours degree, Masters or PhD in a software related discipline e.g. Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Maths etc., or proven programming track record in industry.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a global team.
- Strong problem solving skills coupled with a strong aptitude to learn and innovate.
- Excellent knowledge of C or C++ or Python programming, with strong development experience of Intel Architecture/x86 or other multi-core processer
-Experience of Agile development methodologies and/or formal Software development tools/practices
-Linux development experience
- Performance benchmarking and application optimization experience
- Experience with Virtual Switching, e.g. Open vSwitch
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN), e.g. OpenStack, Openflow, OpenDaylight, Quantum, Nox, Ryu, Floodlight etc- Experience developing Security Applications and Appliances in the Cloud
- Experience contributing to an open source community
-Embedded Software Development, RT, (Real Time Operating Systems), IPC (inter-process communications), troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Experience in programming for communications and related protocols, e.g. Ethernet, TCP/IP, ISCSI, Wireless protocols , Switching and Routing
- Security applications (IPS/IDS, Firewall, IPSEC, Open SSL, etc.). - Experience analysing complex software systems and de-composing into an architecture view
- Virtualisation and Containers - application development on KVM, XEN, QEMU or VMWARE, LXC, Docker.
What We Offer You
When you come to work at Intel, you come to work in a collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best. There’s no fear of failure—we know that’s how innovation happens. And you’ll never be bored. We also offer:
- Competitive benefits and pay (including bonuses)
- Opportunities for professional development and continuing education
- The flexibility you need to achieve balance