C++ Software Engineering Manager
Experienced Engineering Manager with both Team management / Team Leading experience + excellent technical skills in C++ event-driven, real-time software systems interfacing with hardware sensors, motors & controls for complex instrumentation equipment.
You will be leading and developing an existing software team (or two) within an R&D environment.
Join a Global Manufacturer / Developer of innovative technology, instrumentation & devices for the industrial, electronics engineering, medical devices and healthcare sectors. You will be joining an international organisation with an excellent reputation for quality products, within their Research & Development Division, guiding your team to design & develop quality products that are used globally.
Essential skills & experience:
* Degree in software engineering, electronics engineering or related area
* 10+ years experience in software engineering, Electronic engineering, firmware / embedded software or systems software development
* Demonstrable experience of team leading, mentoring and software engineering team management
* Expertise in design architecture & development in C++, OOP / OOT
* Event-driven, real-time software design and development expertise
* Proven abilities to develop quality software that interfaces with Firmware, low level coded instrumentation or manufacturing solutions using the likes of machine vision technology, vision control systems, motion control or similar coded electronics systems
* A bulk of your technical expertise must have been gained in designing & developing C++ software that can communicate with micro-controllers or automation / automated industrial systems or similar solutions. (Essential, as you will be providing technical leadership to your team of C++ Developers & Designers.
* Excellent communication skills and key stakeholder management skills
We are not looking for Software Managers whose core experience has been gained in Business Applications Development environments. The software being developed in this environment is focussed on C++ real-time, event driven software development, with lots of integration with the systems layer.
You must also be located in Dublin or within a reasonable commute of Dublin City, as this role is predominantly based on-site, in person as part of the wider R&D Software Engineering team. So anyone looking for remote-working will not be suitable for this role.
Salary = DOE + excellent benefits
Position = Permanent
Location = Dublin - based on-site in Dublin Development/Engineering centre 4-5 days per week.
Please note that EU/EEA/UK citizens or current, valid full Ireland working visa holders only need apply. No sponsorship considered.
Other key terms:
Senior Engineering Manager, Software Development Manager, Software Manager, Engineering Manager, Systems Engineering Manager, C++ Software Team Lead, C++ Software Team Leader, C++ Senior Software Engineer, C++ Principal Engineer, C++ Principle Software Engineer, C++ Lead Software Engineer, Software Engineering Leader, C++ Senior Software Developer, C++ Principal Developer, Software Electronics Engineering Manager, C++, Object oriented programming, Object-oriented Development, Firmware, microcontrollers, micro-controller, event driven, real-time software development & design, realtime software development, machine vision technology, Manufacturing software engineering, Industrial software engineering, software development, Industrial equipment, medical devices, medical instrumentation software, medtech, Medical Technology.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Email me jobs like this