We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky. What you'll do
Interested in joining a highly skilled, highly motivated & Dynamic team? If you like a fast-paced high octane work life, then this is the Role for you!
This is a field based role required to cover work across the Republic of Ireland as well as Northern Ireland when necessary.
* You will be part of the Field Network Ops team who are responsible for the physical Implementation and First Line Maintenance of Sky's core IP and Transmission networks, which supports Sky products including: TV, Broadband, Talk, Mobile, Corporate, and Wholesale services.
* The role will cover the day-to-day operations and maintenance within the Sky PoP and Datacenter environments ensuring all support functions are performed to Sky's outstanding standards.
* You will also be responsible for the physical implementation and preventative maintenance within the Sky LLU Estate, situated in Openreach telephone exchanges across Northern Ireland.
* Be responsible for the restoration of network faults across the Sky network meeting defined SLAs. What you'll bring
* Demonstrable experience within the Telecom / ISP industry
* Demonstrate experience in Datacenter operational environments
* Technical knowledge and experience of network installation practices and procedures for various network vendors such as Cisco and Nokia.
* Good knowledge and understanding of industry standard fibre optic specification.
* Experience in the installation of copper (Cat5e, Cat6) and fibre optic structured data cabling is crucial.
* Good knowledge and understanding of undertaking Audits and Record Management.
* Have the ability to work both within a team and on your own effectively.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Flexibility to adjust to change, working well under pressure to meet fixed and often challenging deadlines.
* Driver License Team overview Group Communications & Infrastructure
Looking to be part of non-stop innovation? Join our Group Communications and Infrastructure team and you'll work alongside experts in broadband, telephony, mobile, cloud and infrastructure. We're the team that crafts, builds, supports and maintains the telecoms networks across the whole Sky Group. Together, we help Sky broadband, mobile and TV enter new markets by creating a single and secure infrastructure for the outstanding content and services that keep our customers coming back for more. The rewards
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to : the perks. Here's a taster:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place!
* The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences Inclusion & how you'll work
Recognised by The Times and Stonewall, we take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion. Investing in society, fighting racial injustice and setting ambitious targets for representation at Sky. Your office space
Field based role in Ireland We'd love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It's a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn't stop at what we do, it's how we do it, too. We embrace each other's differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we'll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Email me jobs like this