LOCATION: LoughTec Ltd
RESPONSIBLE TO: Technical Director
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
LoughTec are looking for a Network Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support our growing client network infrastructures. You will be part of a systems engineering team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs. You will perform the full range of duties required in providing solutions to our customer base. This includes evaluating customer needs, installing new Switching/Routing and Firewall equipment, and troubleshooting network and firewall problems. You will be expected to keep abreast of developments within the IT industry and are involved in the evaluation of relevant new technologies as they become available.
Network Engineer - Main Duties and Responsibilities: Essential duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
* Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
* Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
* Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
* Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
* Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
* Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team
* Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Please note that this job description is subject to ongoing review as new demands and best working practices are considered, agreed and implemented.
Skills and qualities required: (Essential criteria - 3 sections)
Network Engineer - Experience and Knowledge:
* Proven hands-on network engineering experience.
* CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
* Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
* Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
* Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
* Solid knowledge of Ubiquiti & HP Aruba solutions.
Network Engineer - Education and Qualifications:
* 3yrs+ Experience within the IT industry.
* Driving Licence, access to a vehicle and insurance that covers business travel.
* A high level of self-motivation together with a willingness to learn new skills.
* A flexible and enthusiastic approach to the job.
* Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
* Can demonstrate exceptional levels of customer service and care.
* Good communication, organisation and presentation skills including the ability to write clear and concise notes.
* Strong time management and coordination skills.
Internal training on products and services will be provided.
However, staff are also expected to be consistently keeping abreast of new developments, which would impact on his/her areas of responsibility.
* Company Rewards scheme that staff can use to purchase prizes.
* There is an end of year staff bonus.
* There is a further staff bonus if the company achieves its annual target figures.
* Everyone gets their Birthday off as a paid day.
Mileage is claimed at 33p per mile for site visits.
Hours of Work:
Your normal working hours will be Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5:00pm.
Death in Service:
Death in service cover will be x annual salary.
Health plan is available to all employees.
Network Engineer - Work From Home:
LoughTec provides a hybrid working environment with WFH available, when required.
Loughtec Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Email me jobs like this