Based in Belfast, my client is a leading provider of environmental, animal and human health solutions and a key influencer in driving health and sustainability throughout the food chain. The Role Reporting to the IT Manager, you will use the various BI tools within the business to create and maintain a wide variety of reports and dashboards for the various departments within the company. The apps used are mainly Qliksense, QlikView and SAP BusinessObjects. Responsibilities Include:
* Using a ticketing system to manage a workload that consists of day-to-day requests as well as small to medium-sized projects.
* Managing access to documents
* Making small tweaks to existing docs
* Adding additional functionality to existing docs or creating new docs to cover new functions.
* Managing small to medium-sized projects from the point of scoping requirements to providing options for and delivering the chosen solution.
* Using a variety of methods of comms to communicate with requesters e.g. via the ticketing system, teams call and in person meetings
* Continuously improving your knowledge and understanding across the various software and hardware technologies supported by the team.
* Always maintaining a strong customer focus.
* Undertaking any other tasks as requested by management.
* Being based in the office for a minimum of 2 days per week and working from home on the remaining days.
* Taking Health, Safety and Environmental ownership of yourself, others & activities within your areas of responsibility and raising all HSE concerns you become aware of, outside your areas of responsibility, with relevant managers.
* A minimum of 2 years hands-on experience delivering BI solutions for any BI product
* Fluent in relational database concepts and flat file processing concepts
* A minimum of 1 year experience managing and creating queries within Microsoft SQL databases
* Full end to end project experience ability to manage and execute all aspects of the job, including the scoping, design, development, and documentation.
* Strong problem-solving, time management and organisation skills
* Excellent communication skills, confident in dealing with internal and external clients.
* Strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise effectively and work under pressure.
* Strong work ethic with the ability to show initiative, work on their own and as part of a team.
* Practical and logical approach to problem-solving with good attention to detail
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with respect to data and information.
* Flexible and adaptable
* Good attendance, timekeeping & disciplinary record
* Be capable of and be prepared to travel within the UK & Ireland
* Full clean driving licence
Desirable Criteria - previous experience in some of the following areas would be an advantage for applicants:
* Previous experience working with QlikView & Qliksense
* Previous use of complex QlikView & Qliksense functions to develop scripts.
* 3rd level education in a relevant field
* Previous experience in a fast-paced production driven organisation
* Previous experience developing Crystal reports (SAP BusinesObjects)
Salary and Benefits:
* 37.5hr week, flexibility will be required
* Competitive salary based on experience.
* Company matched pension scheme.
* Life Assurance
* Training and development opportunities
* Westfield Health Cash Plan and Employee Assistant Programme
* Westfield Rewards
* Refer a friend scheme.
What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Email me jobs like this