itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Senior Python Developer This is a permanent position. This position is hybrid(1-2 days a month onsite)
- Lead Python SME on team driving effective development of solutions.
- Proven track record working on distributed web software systems at scale.
- Proven experience architecting and developing scalable backend systems.
- Mentor closely Junior development engineers in initiatives to drive outcomes.
- Design and implement software features to meet desired user experience, functional and security requirements, coordinating efforts with product owner and development leads.
- Create, maintain, and contribute to documentation including code comments, wiki pages, and READMEs.
- Write and maintain automated unit tests and ensure test coverage meets agreed upon standards.
- Perform code reviews and merge requests as needed.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders and technical experts to support project execution.
- Applied experience with backend development technologies using modern frameworks such as Flask/Quart.
- Experience on design and maintenance of database systems - Postgres & Redis.
- Applied experience in RESTful API design in cloud platforms.
- Applied experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting.
- Proven experience with a range of cloud providers such as GCP & AWS.
- Applied experience with iterative and incremental development on product-focused teams, leading and conducting code quality reviews and implementation of best practices.
- Excellent knowledge and applied experience of version control systems (e.g GitLab) and modern version control for use in continuous deployments.
- Strong architectural mindset, thinking about design before implementation.
Good to have:
- Self-motivating, flexibility, with strong social skills.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum and associated tools such as Jira, confluence.
- Experience in Behaviour Driven Development & Gherkin.
Email me jobs like this