itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Linux Support Engineer. This is a 6-month position, day contractor position, with the possibility of further extensions. This role will require you to work overnight Irish working hours.
- Supporting day to day Linux administration for our client’s global offices.
- Day to day issues that arise on Linux environments, troubleshooting OS, App issues particularly on any Red Hat Linux servers in the region.
- Applying of patching, and remediating any issues which are detected by the Nessus Tenable scanning software for the Red Hat Linux servers (monthly maintenance and critical system patching)
- Monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshoot systems problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, patching, collaborating with System Engineers & Architects on optimisation.
- Linux OS Upgrades (help to upgrade EOL Linux servers, build out new servers to replace and/or replace upgrade to get to supported platforms (i.e. upgrade from RHEL6 to RHEL8 etc)
- Linux Operating Systems (Command line interface to administer OS performance, log files navigation and deploy releases)
- Extensive familiarity with Linux systems and servers
- RHEL Linux Administration various versions experience
- Red Hat Satellite
- Experienced in patching, compiling, securing and resolving issues with Linux servers in an agile environment
- Confident know how to back up and restore files for your users
- Strong know how to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot hardware systems
- Self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
- Teammate displaying ability to work with others within and outside the team and a willingness to be flexible to assist in achieving the overall goals of the team
- Enthusiastic, committed and proactive approach to problem solving
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Niall Moloney/ firstname.lastname@example.org
eir evo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this