Brook Street (UK) Ltd are recruiting an ICT Senior Helpdesk Operators for our leading Public Sector client Education Authority Northern Ireland, Armagh, within the ICT school support department.
To be responsible for the organisation and management of the ICT Support Team Office and Provide technical, administrative and clerical support within the ICT Team for EA mobile phones and IT systems
Typical Duties will include but is not limited to:
* Resolution of IT Service desk calls. Assessing the call and using problem solving skills to resolve the issue for the user or where necessary assign or escalate the call to the most suitable IT officer
* Setup and issue of computers to staff including installation of any required software.
* Supporting users and computers operating in a network environment.
* Assist with the setup of computers across multiple sites as required.
* Update and maintain user and computer accounts on Active Directory as well as maintain records associated with assets management.
* Identify and organise re-deployable computers for disposal scheme or defunct computers for secure scrappage.
* Check backups of critical systems daily and maintain the accompanying register.
* Assist with the design, review and update of IT Support Service procedures and forms.
* Liaise with various external maintenance contractors.
* Monitor systems to ensure most efficient operation.
* Test and evaluate software as required.
* Carry out any other required daily administration duties.
* NVQ Level 3, BTEC National or two A levels or equivalent or higher examination qualifications and a minimum of one year's experience in an office based administrative role.
* You must also be able to Drive and have access to your own vehicle.
* Experience of using standard MSOffice/MS365 suite e.g. Word, Excel
* Experience of using Windows 10 in a work environment.
* Experience of setting up and supporting computers and peripherals in a work environment.
* Experience supporting networked computers and peripheral in a work environment.
* Excellent IT problem solving skills.
* Able to carry equipment e.g. computers, monitors, small printers etc
This role is a Regulated role and requires an Enhanced Access NI Certificate which Brook Street will support you with. You will benefit from:
* Full training and induction
* Accrue holiday hours as you work
* Brook Street (UK) Ltd back office support and mentoring
* No weekend work (Shift pattern Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
The rate of pay is £14.30 per hour, the hours of work are 36hrs Monday to Friday.If you would like to apply for this role, please call Natasha at Brook Street (UK) Ltd on or email your CV via the Apply link.
Email me jobs like this