Our client has an aseptic drug product facility, specialising in secondary manufacturing activities Formulation, Vial/Syringe Filling, Lyophilisation and Packaging.
There is a strong culture of continuous improvement and innovation within this company to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. This company is developing the capability to produce all its medicines in Dun Laoghaire, South Dublin, helping to ensure continuity of supply of medicines as they expand internationally.
We are looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to expand an onsite project support service we provide our client.
This is an office hours position. The successful candidate shall join the onsite team which provides automation expertise to various functions onsite. As a contract, the position offers excellent rates and the opportunity for a long-term placement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Automation SME for assigned systems
- Management and execution of automation change controls
- Aide the identification/implementation of system improvements and corrective actions.
- Aide the coaching of operators and maintenance technicians in the effective use of the control systems.
- Management of subcontractors and vendors as part of project delivery.
- Represent client as part of qualification and testing of any vendor provided systems
- Provide automation support and expertise to cross functional teams for the introduction of new products on existing production lines.
Skills and Education:
- Third level qualification in Electrical, Electronic, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience working with automated control systems preferably in the Life Sciences/ Pharma sector
- Excellent communication skills
- PLC/SCADA/Batch experience with preference for the following technologies: Rockwell FactoryTalk SE View & Batch, Siemens PLC/HMI, iFix, Wonderware InTouch, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus and OSIsoft PI Data Historian.
- Knowledge of GAMP software development lifecycle, ANSI/ISA-S88 and S95 industry standards and 21 CFR Part 11
Email me jobs like this