itContracting are seeking applicants for a Actuarial Associate (part-qualified). This is a permanent position for our client based in Donegal with a hybrid working model (negotiable).
As a Actuarial Associate, you will support key projects and will lead on business-as-usual technical issues such as investigation and sign-off of corrections that arise on customer policies. You will carry out and lead actuarial analysis, produce reports, make recommendations for change, sign off actuarial bases (subject to limits) and ensure correct implementation into systems.
- Support mainframe migrations and changes, in particular specifying, testing, and signing off the calculations to be migrated to new systems.
- Ensure policy administration illustration systems are updated, as necessary.
- Provide actuarial support to business projects (e.g. regulatory projects, calculation changes) including defining and signing off (where appropriate) calculation requirements and testing.
- Provide actuarial expertise and sign-off for administration system or customer service-related escalations – provide product expertise, sign off bases to be used to determine customer redress, resolve issues and queries that arise.
- Provide actuarial expertise and sign-off for one-off corrections that arise within Customer Services.
- Advise on changes arising from technical actuarial standards and regulatory/principal changes and ensure the implementation of changes.
- Sign off technical and calculations aspects of customer communications – for example, annual statements, member illustrations.
- Degree in Actuarial/Mathematics or similar numerate subject.
- Associate of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
- In-depth experience with at least four Actuarial exams passed or relevant experience with more than seven actuarial exams passed from the IFOA Core Principle & Core Practice exams.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and other systems.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Ability to support an actuarial project from conception to completion.
- Report writing skills.
- In-depth knowledge of a range of life assurance and pensions product types and charges.
- Working to project deadlines and in a multi-disciplinary environment (e.g., customer service, IT, Compliance).
Good to have:
- VBA and Data base expertise.
- Full breadth understanding of life and pensions product range.
- Knowledge of FCA regulations (relating to the sale of administration of insurance products).
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact Rebecca Ledden (Rebecca.email@example.com) in itContracting directly. Eirevo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Eirevo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this