The SFPA is seeking applications for the postion of ICT Application Analyst. The Application Analyst role will help support the delivery and operation of Application solutions in a more efficient, shared, and integrated manner across the organisation.
About the SFPA
The SFPA is an independent statutory body responsible for the regulation of the sea-fisheries and the seafood production sectors. The SFPA promotes compliance with the EU Common Fisheries Policy, sea-fisheries law and food safety law relating to fish and fish products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project manage internally and externally delivered ICT projects.
- Manage the on-going support and enhancement of existing business systems.
- Vendor management to achieve value for money and recommending corrective action if required.
- Support the ICT leadership team in selecting external service providers, to deliver bespoke
solutions and/or the tailoring of Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions to meet business needs.
- Proactively engage with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Support the development and delivery of ICT security strategies and the organisation’s response to data and cyber security threats.
- Work with the business units to identify user requirements for Application Solutions, analyse the requirements and design an optimal solution.
- Ensure that new Application solutions are properly integrated with other systems and platforms.
Essential Entry Requirements:
- Possess a qualification (minimum Level 7 NFQ) in a relevant area, with an ICT component and 3 years directly relevant ICT experience.
- Experience in the following areas:
o Business Analysis and Business Systems Implementation.
o Contributing to Business and Enterprise Architecture design projects.
o The Application Development lifecycle.
o The configuration, deployment, and management of SaaS/cloud-based application solutions.
o Quality and Test Management of applications and systems.
o The management of contracts and relationships with external suppliers.
o Possess a knowledge and experience of ICT security and Data Protection.
- Experience contributing to the implementation of IT Governance, risk management and compliance measures.
- Full drivers’ licence and access to a private vehicle.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Permanent position
- Blended working flexibility
- Attractive Pension and annual leave scheme
To apply, candidates must submit a CV and Cover Letter to Sigmar Recruitment. To apply, please click ‘Apply Now’
Closing date is 12 noon on Monday the 12th of June
The SFPA is an equal opportunities employer.