itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Technical Lead (Databricks) - This is a permanent position for our client based in Letterkenny.
As a Databricks Technical Lead, you will have an opportunity to build best in class data ingestion, processing, and consumption patterns for business users operational and analytical needs. Your workloads will include streaming, near-real-time, and batch processing using PySpark/Python on AWS cloud. By working on this project, you will gain the domain knowledge of large vehicle rental business area.
- Design and implement performant data ingestion pipelines from distributed systems using Apache Spark and Databricks.
- Oversee the technical team and all projects they undertake.
- Determine project requirements and developing work schedules for the team.
- Coordinate with the Architects, Delivery Manager, and the Software Engineers.
- Provide technical direction, mentoring and best practices to both onshore and offshore Teams.
- Collaborate with the team to identify and fix technical problems.
- With team and inspire them to reach their goals.
- Communicate with the clients to ascertain their needs.
- Connect with client team and business team to gather project requirement.
- Provide desk side assistance to end users and deploying applications to end-user devices based on requests.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and developments.
- Highly proficient with Python, PySpark and PL/SQL.
- Experience in building ETL / data warehouse transformation processes.
- Strong experience with Big Data, Data analysis with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in Big Data components such as PySpark SQL, Data frames, HIVE, Notebooks, Workflows, Job Clusters etc implemented using Data Bricks.
- Hands-on experience on Cloud based environments - AWS preferred.
- Experience in building pipelines in Databricks.
- Understanding of Databricks-AWS integrations, Delta Lake on AWS S3.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Good leadership skills.
- Highly motivated and willing to learn new technologies.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Good to have:
- Any AWS Cloud or Bigdata certification.
- Exposure to data architecture principles and practices
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact Rebecca Ledden (Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org) in itContracting directly. Eirevo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Eirevo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this