itContracting are looking for an experienced Senior IT Project Manager to join the team of their Dublin based client on a contract basis. Initial contract duration of 12 months, but likely to extend by a further 12 months. Hybrid working (2-3 days per week on-site in Dublin 1). Day rate contract OR fixed term salaried contract.
The role in brief: The Senior IT Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of large-scale IT projects of varying degrees of size and complexity. The role will have full responsibility for all aspects of project management from initiation though to closure.
- Mobilise and project manage the delivery of assigned IT projects to meet the agreed business requirements within timescale, cost and quality constraints;
- Build and manage highly effective relationships with business project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders to deliver the optimal solution for the client;
- Determine appropriate escalation paths and make recommendations in respect of solutions to issues to ensure projects are delivered in line with time, cost and quality targets;
- Track and monitor project budgets in line with the client's internal processes and ensure effective tracking and reporting to stakeholders and finance teams;
- Proactively manage Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies, ensuring these are identified, mitigated or escalated as necessary so that the projects have the best chance of success;
- Provide feedback to line managers on the performance of assigned resources and provide input as appropriate to assignees performance management to assist their development;
- Manage supplier/vendor activities where external resources are being used, ensuring commercial agreements are in adherence with procurement and payment policies and guidelines;
- Manage relationships with third parties including regular reviews of performance; and facilitate vendor selections, making sure that the appropriate stakeholders are involved and the appropriate owners for vendors are identified;
- Drive post implementation reviews to ensure the lessons learned are identified, documented and used to continually improve project delivery;
- Problem solve issues recommending solutions or escalating issues as appropriate; and
- Provide relevant skills transfer, coaching and mentoring to other team members
- A minimum of 7 years experience managing projects end to end with full responsibility for successful delivery.
- Formal project management certification (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2, or equivalent)
- Project management methodologies, tools and techniques:
- Strong experience in managing IT projects using a recognised methodology and with practical experience in techniques and tools, ideally in a similar business background of similar scale (e.g. banking, financial services, etc.);
- Core PM competencies:
- Strong knowledge and experience of core project management competencies including budget setting and management, risk management, time, quality and resource management;
- Procurement and vendor management:
- Demonstrated experience in multi-vendor environments with associated supplier/ vendor management skills;
- Experience in public procurement and contract creation/agreement will be an advantage;
- Stakeholder management and communications:
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and must be effective at presenting to and influencing senior stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels;
- Leadership and team management:
- Strategic outlook coupled with the ability to offer pragmatic solutions and drive decisions in support of organisational and IT requirements;
- Excellent leadership skills generating commitment and passion within matrixed and direct team structures;
- Ability to motivate the team, foster a collaborative culture and resolve conflict;
- Forward thinking, with the ability to remove ambiguity creating clarity and direction;
- Willing and able to work under pressure, managing multiple simultaneous work streams
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Jennifer Shanahan directly at email@example.com or on +353 85 8054018
eir evo, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this