Principal Production Engineer/Manager – Dublin 2 – Financial Services
Our client, a significant Hedge Fund is expanding its operations here in Dublin and has engaged IT Search to speak to Senior Production experts to build out their AWS based compute and data platforms, leading to fast, secure and reliable iteration and become the European SME as part of a global leadership team in this area.
This role will have responsibility for a significant global production environment, designing and building core capabilities (CI/CD, Infrastructure, Orchestration and more) across Linux Infrastructure silos plus input into provisioning, database and storage, it will be hands on and will require strong Python skills, Linux Sys Admin and more.
- Develop and Architect Production Infrastructure frameworks and solutions
- Ongoing mentoring of junior staff and exceptional reporting capabilities
- Bringing experience of not just Linux but also deep Windows (and some Mac) knowledge and a breadth of knowledge across areas such as FreeBSD for instance will be welcome
- Becoming part of the Global Senior Management team relating to Infrastructure
- 10/15 years of post grad commercial experience, ideally working in a multinational FinTech or Software environment with massive user bases
- Exceptional communication skills, able to discuss high level technical concepts with business owners and internal customers
- Strong Systems Engineering skills (Networking, Security, Linux in particular)
- Monitoring, Building, Alerting as standard
- High level of comfort in Python (will be a hands on component to Python development)
- Salt, Chef, Ansible, IaC all of benefit and interest
This is a key Senior Level role for our client, attracting a significant salary and benefits package.
Email me jobs like this