daa is currently seeking to appoint an experienced and innovative IT Director to oversee IT operations across the Group.
This is a critical, senior role for the organisation where the role holder will work closely with business unit leaders to understand the business needs, set IT strategy to support business objectives, and oversee its successful implementation.
Lead a team of circa 75 experienced IT leaders and professionals in the technology operation and will provide oversight for the implementation of new IT policies, practices, and systems.
Reporting to an Executive Team Member this role provides an exceptional & unique opportunity for a senior IT leader to work within a dynamic and changing airport business environment.
* Set IT strategy for the daa Group in Partnership with the IT & Business Leadership Teams.
* Oversee all technology operations (IT Security, Data and Analytics, Networks, Infrastructure, Technology, PMO and Security Solutions) and evaluate service and delivery in line with established goals.
* Work in conjunction with the IT Leadership team, to lead and develop the wider IT team, ensuring the right capability, skills and attitudes are in place to deliver on objectives.
* Drive a culture of staff engagement and communication that aligns with our people strategy.
* Empower employees to take responsibility for effective delivery and performance. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability for results.
* In conjunction with Leadership & Management Teams analyse the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs.
* Devise and establish IT policies, systems & governance to support the implementation of business strategy.
* Overall responsibility for cyber security to ensure the business is protected.
* Work with the various Leadership Team members and procurement to purchase efficient and cost- effective technological equipment and software and assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts.
* Oversee the inspection of the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
* Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to the Executive Team.
* In partnership with Group Finance prepare and manage financial budgets and report on performance, ensuring that the IT function is delivering to budget, timelines, SLA's etc.
* Help the business realise the potential of BI and support the analytics function to continue to lead data insights that help drive business opportunity.
* Keep up to date on the latest technologies & trends to ensure optimal solutions are provided to meet business needs. Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
* Minimum of 10 years proven experience in Leadership & Management.
* Degree or Masters in IT or related subject essential.
* Experience successfully setting & leading IT strategy within a large complex and commercially focused organisation.
* A proven track record in leading a highly professional and skilled team in the delivery of complex IT strategies and plans.
* Excellent leadership capability with proven ability to effectively drive people, process, and technology change in a complex operating environment.
* Strong technical & business knowledge with good working knowledge of IT operations, systems, and latest technology developments.
* Proven experience developing IT policies and systems to support business goals.
* Strong customer focus, ensuring that our IT solutions are resilient and meet the needs of our customers, external and internal.
* Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
* Highly motivated and always aiming to improve.
* Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to collaborate across functions and influence at all levels of the organisation and customer / vendor / contractors.
* Capability in developing efficient and effective solutions and manging multiple workstreams to support business problems.
* Strong decision-making capability informed and driven by data.
Email me jobs like this