itContracting are seeking applications for an SQL DBA, this is a hybrid position located in Dublin 2.
This position is a long-term contract, so can be a day rate or salaried role.
The DBA position will be responsible for maintaining the companies database systems (currently MS SQL Server) including back-up, performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring critical events and documentation.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning.
- Monitor, maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
- Use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning. Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing back-ups, restoration, and replication.
- Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and the creation of stored procedures.
- Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases.
- Manage production, QA and development database environments.
- Create detailed documentation including diagrams of database infrastructure.
- Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality, and dependencies.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all the stakeholders (internal teams and clients).
- Set up and maintain database infrastructure for the company’s BI needs.
- Extensive experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high transaction systems.
- Experienced in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experienced in ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) development / data integration.
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
- Proficient with SQL server profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting database activity, and performance.
- Extensive experience in SQL Server Clustering and SQL Server Availability Groups
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Paul Evans ( +353 1 2187769 or paul dot evans at itContracting dot ie )
Eir Evo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Eir Evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this