(Network Upgrade Rollout
Onsite position with our enterprise pharma client in Waterford City
Reporting directly to the Digital ITS Manager, you will play an integral role within the team. You will lead network upgrade project across the whole Waterford client site
Purpose of Role
- Site Key User and/or Project Manager (depending on experience) on the implementation of a site wide network upgrade.
- Manage all aspects of the Network upgrade project.
- Replacement of all Edge switches, Wi-Fi upgrade and Core switch replacement.
- Design, develop and document Network Hardware for the project.
Skills & Knowledge
- High Level of technical knowledge and ability.
- Working Knowledge of Cisco hardware
- Knowledge of Network and Telecoms
- Experience in Data Cable Management.
- Strong customer and service delivery focus.
- Person would be responsible for applying basic network config on cisco switches so central teams can do all the configuration.
- Project manage switch implementation to areas and coordinating/negotiating with manufacturing to secure outage windows.
- Switch install/cutover from old to new – more than likely require out of hours work and weekends to do cutover.
- Person would be required to complete the cutover and install new switches once configured and window secured.
- Work with global teams for project implementation.
- Lead Edge switch, Core switch and Wifi upgrades.
- Assist in the creation of validation documentation, where applicable. Must be able to review validation documentation
- Execute Project deliverables for proposed equipment, systems and Services
- Ensure that equipment meets site standards
- Manage quotes for projects and track budget, and procurement process
- Accountable for the qualification status of existing and new network devices.
- Responding to issues in a timely fashion
- Raise and manage IT Change controls
- Cost, Schedule, risk and resource planning and tracking and reporting on project status
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role preferable in a GMP environment
- IT Related 3rd Level Degree or equivalent.
Candidates must be eligible to work full time and long term in Ireland or currently hold a valid appropriate long term work Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
eir evo, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this