Job title: Linux Administrator
Location: Remote - open to any location in Ireland
Contract length: 6 month contract
You will work as part of the Group Technology team that delivers the day-to-day maintenance and management of the IT infrastructure to ensure delivery of the agreed level of IT services to the business. You will play a key role in the fast growing Linux services team, which is responsible for the support and maintenance of all Linux and UNIX system.
The role will require you to support on various technically challenging projects that will reside on Linux and UNIX system Hardware/Software. You will ensure that we align our control framework to maintain and control the server farm, both virtual and physical. Alongside this, you will monitor the environment and build out additional requirements to support the business needs.
* Build, Monitor and Administer Linux, Unix environments
* Contribute to the Automation of processes
* Escalate & effectively resolve issues that arise
* Responsible for vulnerability Management on the Estate
* Effectively work with the business to provide support for projects as required
* This role involves server-side operations and solving problem that support mission-critical and development activities
* Configure user access and monitor system stability and security through deployment and everyday use
* Clear communication and collaborate approach with other developers to develop and implement system enhancements
* Help maintain system security by actively identifying faults and vulnerable areas within the system's architecture
* Extensive familiarity with Linux systems and servers
* Strong knowledge of Bash scripting & Ansible or similar automation tool
* RHEL Linux Administration various versions experience (5 years+)
* Red Hat Satellite
* Experienced in patching, compiling, securing.resolving issues with Linux servers in an agile environment
* Confident know how to back up and restore files for your users
* know how to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot hardware systems
* highly motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
* Teammate displaying ability to work with others within and outside the team and a willingness to be flexible to assist in achieving the overall goals of the team
* Solaris Administration experience
* Oracle & MySQL DBA Admin Skills various versions
* AWS/Azure migration experience & vmware
* Ticketing/Alerting Systems experience an advantage
* IT Diploma College Certification or equivalent.
PFH is a premier provider of end-to-end ICT solutions and a managed services portfolio scaling from SMEs to large Enterprise organisations. We have unrivalled vendor relationships. We can procure, design, deploy and support all your ICT needs. Our ISO certified Custodian™ Cloud Services and Custodian™ Managed Services provide the technology and expertise to mitigate risk and reduce your costs immediately. We have a nationwide network of over 450 dedicated professionals, including over 350 qualified engineers, ready to meet your ICT needs, with offices in Dublin, Cork and Galway.
Email me jobs like this