Our client is seeking a highly skilled and highly motivated Solutions Architect with the appropriate skills and experience to join their team.
As the Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for gathering requirements and functional specifications, assessing the current software systems in place to identify areas in need of improvement, and overseeing development teams. You should also be able to regularly update the company on any developments in systems architecture projects. To be successful as a Solution Architect, you should be able to integrate any updated specifications and requirements into the systems architecture.
Our client focuses on transforming tax administration for international internet retailers. Their solutions are customized to meet the needs of each firm and include VAT, GST, and US sales tax. Online retailers with global sales can benefit from their technology. They are committed to a mutually beneficial long-term relationship with their clients and sees themselves as an extension of their client’s company, helping them achieve their objectives.
- Learning how the client’s Products work, and what its features and limitations are.
- Helping the Product Team to define achievable and cost-benefit-effective business requirements that are ready to be worked on.
- Working with the Development Teams to design appropriate solutions, identify gaps/risks and answer open questions from the team.
- Driving dialogue between Development Teams and Product Teams leading to the final solution and implementation
- Taking ownership and responsibility for the technical solution based on agreed business requirements.
- Resolving technical problems as they arise.
- Continually researching the current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, software engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Experience in working as a Solution Architect / Analyst preferably in API-driven projects.
- Knowledge about high-level API design and architecture to be able to engage in technical topics.
- Able to propose, document, and present functional and non-functional API improvements/changes.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with the Product Management and Development Team.
- Proactive in gathering and sharing knowledge, proposing high-quality solutions
- Ability to apply functional/technical knowledge to job problems with a willingness to learn new skills and knowledge relating to the role.
- Previous experience working in a tax company and/or environment or similar a distinct advantage.
Location: Based within the EU and fully remote.
Employment Type: [Contract]