itContracting are seeking to recruit a ICT Business Analyst for our client based in Carlow.
This is a permaanent position (hybrid working model - 3 days onsite)
The successful applicant will be responsible for the identification and analysis of business requirements and the design, acquisition, integration, delivery, enhancement and support of ICT application solutions, including project management. The successful applicant will work in close co-operation with other business units in order to fully understand their operations and how ICT can support them.
This position requires occasional attendance outside normal working hours and some travel between Teagasc offices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the business units to understand and improve their performance through the use of Process Improvement and Information and Communication Technologies
- Identify user requirements for Application Solutions
- Analyse the requirements and Design an optimal solution
- Select an external service provider using public sector procurement approaches, to either build a bespoke solution or to provide a package and configuration services. The external service provider will also be expected to implement the solution.
- Ensure that chosen solutions are properly integrated with other systems and platforms
- Oversee and manage user acceptance testing of solutions.
- Project manage the solution implementation throughout. -Project management includes communications, planning, budgeting, procurement and vendor management.
- Manage the quality, standards and work approach of project and support activities to ensure they follow company standards and industry best practice.
- Manage the on-going support and enhancement of a number of application systems, including vendor management.
- Actively participate in the annual business planning, risk management and PMDS processes
- Maintain responsibility for own performance and development through active participation in PMDS and ensure continuous self-development in matters relating to this post.
- Assist in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service Charter and Action Plan.
- Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Level 8 Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant degree
Knowledge / Skills
- Atleast One years’ experience in Business Systems Implementation with a proven track record of management from project initiation through to implementation and support of the system
- Experience in one of the following areas:
- Business Analysis
- Applications Development
- IT Project Management
- Applications Testing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- PRINCE2 certification
- Experience of working SQL Server and/or Oracle databases
- Experience of working with reporting tools
- Experience of implementing web applications in a Windows server environment
- Procurement and Vendor Management Skills / Public sector procurement experience
- Experience of working in an agile development environment
- Ability to persuade and influence others to appropriate course of action
- Ability to lead project team members
- Self-disciplined, organised and methodical
- A systematic, considered approach to planning and monitoring
- Ability to set clear standards and take a quality customer service approach to work
- Flexible with an ability to adapt to changing requirements/priorities
- A proactive, solutions-focused approach to work
- Strong operational decision making capacity
- A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact Holly Grant in itContracting directly.
Eirevo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Eirevo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this