itContracting are seeking to recruit a Project & Cloud Infrastructure L3 Engineer for our client based in Waterford.
Reporting to: General Manager
Location: Head Office Waterford/ Hybrid - 2 days per week in the office
As a Project & Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will manage the cloud infrastructure, define and implement security controls and logging/control systems, and coordinate change controls processes as per best practice.
You will also be responsible for managing all client projects and implementing best practices.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Scope projects and technical architecture in conjunction with sales account managers
- Assist with engineers’ technical escalations
- Assist with best practice project management controls and documentation
- Identify risks and selection of backup contingency plans, monitoring, and reporting tools
- Standardise project delivery across the team and document same – as per best practice
- Audit the teams work to ensure consistency of the quality and the delivery of our service, assist in process improvement, and implement efficiencies where appropriate
- Mentor and develop the Project Engineers and Field Service Engineers
- Carry out post-install client surveys
- Continuous improvement – identify opportunities to improve the quality of our service
- Manage the cloud infrastructure including replication, capacity planning, redundancy, failover, etc.
- Assist with the selection and implementation of monitoring/event and system event logging tools
- Define and oversee server patching, monitoring, utilising RRM tools to their maximum capabilities
- Establish, develop, and maintain a culture of helpfulness and foster a safe learning environment, driven by integrity, quality, and service excellence – with security at the forefront of everything our client does.
Specific Performance Measurements
- Customer Satisfaction (NPS)
- Commercial delivery of projects
- Utilisation of project engineer resource
- Cloud Uptime, maintenance and management, and security
- Degree-level qualification or related industry experience in an IT discipline
- Project Management experience
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience (preferably in a Field Service Engineer role)
- Team management experience
- Commercial focus with string commercial understanding of installs and projects
- Flexible and versatile and open to change and constant improvements
- Prior experience in the SME sector
- Field service engineer experience
- Project Management qualification
- Customer Service – Putting the customer at the heart of all decision making ensuring quality care is always a priority
- Planning and Organisational Skills – The individual must have the ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise tasks to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Attention to Detail – continually checking work to ensure delivery of the highest quality
- Leadership – lead, mentor, and develop the team to get the desired business outcomes
- Communications Skills – Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential to enable the individual to effectively communicate with all stakeholders
- Decision Making – the ability to make decisions in a timely and effective manner utilising data to back up decisions
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Holly Grant directly via LinkedIn or email email@example.com
eir evo, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this