Business Analyst/Systems Analyst
Looking for a Business/Systems Analyst who will drive analysis efforts within the Technology space by facilitating requirements review sessions, translating business requirements into specific systems requirements, and working within the technology organization to deliver technology projects. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, excel in a team culture, possess strong working knowledge of trading products, and possess a solid understanding of the development process within a large enterprise environment.
The Expertise We're Looking For
* Creative, collaborative, results-oriented problem solver with experience in software development life cycle, including automated testing
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree and work experience
The Purpose of Your Role
This Senior Business Systems Analyst will be part of a global development team that focuses on building solutions for the Equity Trading business using agile application development techniques to deliver timely solutions that directly impact the investment process.
The Skills You Bring
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 5+ years working experience with a majority in investment management;
* Previous use of Agile or Scrum methodology
* Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, management and investment professionals in an investment technology organization
* Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, including facing off to senior leaders in the business and technology organizations
* Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
* Proven ability to influence multiple teams in a Matrix environment
* Ability to understand a complex systems environment and communicate technology direction appropriately to multiple audiences
* Thorough knowledge of software development life cycle methodologies; Agile preferred
* Record of success in projects of varying size and complexity
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
* Demonstrated ability to balance priorities and simultaneous projects in a highly dynamic and results-oriented environment
The Value You Deliver
* Partner with Squad Leads, delivery teams, external divisions and vendors to coordinate the complex and creative portfolio of work aimed at supporting our High-Income Trading business partners.
* Define and manage the product backlog, including change control with the business and delivery teams
* Prepare detailed requirements documentation and specifications including use cases, context diagrams, business process flows , etc.
* Document and maintain progress of stories, iterations, and releases for our Agile projects through use of Agile project tools (prior knowledge of these tools is helpful but not required)
* Review/participate in defining test strategies , as well as coordinate user acceptance testing efforts
* Effectively communicate the progress of multiple projects to senior management and involved stakeholders on a regular basis
* Acquire and constantly increase industry subject matter expertise, understanding competitive positioning in the marketplace, industry initiatives and vendor solutions in the area of high-income trading.
* Work with other teams to evolve standards and best practices for technology processes
Email me jobs like this