Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We’re already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We’re doing more than dream, we’re creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
What To Expect
The main purpose of this role is to support the delivery of integrated sub systems elements, which may be physical components, a set of related components or software into vehicle programmes. The individual will work with lead engineers to ensure that valid content is specified, manage specific elements of the supplier delivery against the specification and arrange verification activity to support the vehicle program which meets the programme requirements for quality, cost and time.
Project activities can comprehend:
- Development of new software components for our vehicles, some examples include Seats control, External Lights, Body Control, Diagnostics, etc;
- Development of new features for existing components, delivering work in an Agile environment;
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Day to day you will work as a technical leader for the delivery of the system or software being developed to meet the business requirements on time with appropriate quality and at the right cost. A typical day for a software developer in JLR requires a mix of technical knowledge in C/C++, experience with Linux and Hardware, CI/CD activities and different integration activities with 3rd parties and proprietary solutions.
Other responsibilities include contributing to the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes and Cycle Plan studies, using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) principles in conjunction with other company processes as required (SaFE), as well as; contributing to the negotiation and agreement of targets for the modules and ensure all programme deliverables are tracked, monitored, delivered and reported accurately and on time at each gateway and organise and lead appropriate interim review events.
What You Will Need
- Professional experience of C version C99+/ C++ version 11+ industry development experience.
- A technical background which is relevant to the system under development
- Practical experience of working with a software-based technology as relevant to the role
- Knowledge of Embedded operating systems (Linux, QNX Neutrino, etc) mainly for memory management, Flash vs RAM and other embedded systems concepts
- Practical experience of working with Python, Unit Testing using Google's Framework, Virtualization, Debugging tools, Coredump analysis, BSP (how to work with cookies, how to optimize startup, deadlock)
- Knowledge of automotive and consumer networks
- Fundamental knowledge of electronics hardware platforms
- Knowledge of ASPICE, V-Model and regulated environments
So Why Us?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and private medical cover. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.