Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We’re already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We’re doing more than dream, we’re creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
Innovative. Trusted. Pioneering. These three qualities have always summed up Jaguar Land Rover. They have been encapsulated within the performance, luxury and excellence of all our products. They are what every person working for us lives and breathes. From creating intelligent hybrids to building driverless vehicles, evolving existing technologies to discovering new energy storage, our ambition for the future of our vehicles and the industry beyond is endless.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The development of Autonomous, Connected and Electrified cars makes vehicle cyber security a critical role in Jaguar Land Rover. We need skilled people who can understand and analyze the threats to the vehicle and derive solutions both on the car and within the connected infrastructure. This will allow us to protect the car and provide traceable evidence of our compliance with emerging cyber security standards.
As members of the Jaguar Land Rover cyber security community we work on protecting the vehicle as a whole including its connections with the outside world. We work from design stage through to vehicle production including early system analysis & risk assessments, mitigation technologies where needed, hardware and software implementation and ultimately penetration test and system monitoring on an ongoing basis.
You will be fully involved in our next generation projects working in an Agile structure to make our systems comply with upcoming legislation such as UNECE 155. This work includes for example implementation of a new Vehicle Key Management System applicable to all ECUs across the entire vehicle and Secure Diagnostics that will help to protect the vehicle against unauthorized access both physical and remote.
Our work also allows us to engage with leading silicon vendors to select the best SoC platforms that can support our next generation strategies, specifying and choosing the right partners for our software stacks regarding security mechanisms and working with multiple feature/product teams in order to define the best solutions for secure communication for both on-board and off-board
- Contribute to the system architecture and development for new security solutions and be able to harden existing solutions.
- Good technical expertise in automotive architecture and development focused on security using Agile methodologies.
- Develop security standards, systems and solutions to be deployed on a variety of automotive ECUs for various use cases.
- Leadership and teamwork are vital for the role, the ability to work with other team members along with taking ownership of assigned projects and support others in their tasks where required
- Delivering projects according to planned schedule is a priority with robust communication skills to report
- Reviewing, organizing and documenting security information to provide clear insights into current operations and provide analysis on their effectiveness.
- Coaching and mentoring other engineers on the team.
- Work on software implementation and review the software of the rest of the teams, from a security perspective
Essential knowledge, skills & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science OR Electronics & Telecommunication OR Electrical Engineering related technical field OR equivalent experience
- Experience in Automotive security (preferably in automotive embedded S/W)
- Strong security background (e.g cryptography, key management, secure boot, firewall, software integrity and so on)
- Capable of conceptualizing, defining, and implementing security systems and architectures
- Proficient on security and automotive standards, legislation, processes
- Good working experience on multi-OS environments and Linux and secure coding practices in C/C++
- Threat modelling, vulnerability analysis and risk assessment
- SAE J3061 or other appropriate cyber security standards
- Cryptography principles, applications and implementation
- Security delivery experience demonstrated with practical technically focused examples
- Experience of working in a security sensitive technical advanced domain such as aerospace, IOT or cloud services
- Experience with Embedded System Engineering
- Operating systems like Linux, QNX, Android, Autosar
- Wireless technologies like Wifi, Bluetooth, NFC etc.,
- In-vehicle network protocols like Ethernet, CAN, Flexray etc.,
- Working knowledge of a S/W intensive complex program involving multiple suppliers globally
- High quality awareness, Automotive SPICE, CMM
- Be self-directed to create innovative and alternative solutions
- Expertise in Android media architecture
- Fuzz testing and Penetration testing
- Capable of executing security certification test/demonstrations/evaluations, documenting results, developing reports, conclusions, and recommendations CISSP, CISA, CISM, or similar certification
- Competent with project management tools (waterfall and agile – e.g JIRA, Confluence, MIRO, Slack)
- Track record of challenging the status quo and driving continuous improvements to improve S/W quality, and time-to-market
- Experience in working with global teams
- Experience of working in ASPICE accredited automotive S/W T1 or Services company
- Ability to deliver presentations and efficiently
- communicate to senior executives both internally and externally
- Functional knowledge of automotive product development methodology
- A thorough understanding of quality engineering methodologies and tools
- A thorough understanding of the S/W development life cycle with respect to diagnostics compliance and delivery