HPC Engineer (Grid Computing) – Dublin – Financial Services
Our client, a significant Hedge Fund is expanding its operations here in Dublin and has engaged IT Search to speak to Senior HPC candidates with expertise in scaling Grid Computing across clouds to build out and support their global Quantitative areas. This platform will allow teams of developers, quants, data engineers and more to scale compute functions (cloud and on prem). The role is join a small international team with responsibility for scaling the platforms with a focus on the internal customer experience and a genuine passion for HPC infrastructure.
A key part of the role is ongoing automation of Cloud Infrastructure (and on prem), developing code in Python (our client’s Esperanto) and utilising deep Linux sys admin alongside experience across networking, security, IAC and more.
- Working in a small global HPC team as well as senior Business Analysts and Heads of Business to manage the full lifecycle Infrastructure in their HPC Grid
- Develop a deep understanding of parallel teams (Engineering, Quant, Data Science) to allow scaling and ongoing improvement of existing systems
- Evangelise the effectiveness of HPC within the company
- 10/15 years of commercial post grad experience
- Demonstrable High Performance Computing knowledge and a track record of improving same through deep understanding/automation/bringing new technologies to the table
- Exceptional communication skills plus strong knowledge of metrics, performance tracking
- Track record of leading and building teams in this space
- Any and all Multi Tenant environments (within HPC), building same as well as various Frameworks (e.g. TORQUE or SLURM) a distinct advantage
- High level of comfort in AWS as well as on prem systems, Python development required to a point (although a very high level not required)
- Automation/Configuration tools (Salt, Chef, Ansible etc) plus CloudFormation/Terraform will be welcome as well as additional Networking knowledge
This is a key Senior Level role for our client, attracting a significant salary and benefits package.
Email me jobs like this