Are you looking for a unique challenge working in virtual & augmented reality with a bleeding-edge technology company?
itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Senior Devops Engineer. This is a fully remote position.
Due to continued growth and success our client is looking for a competent Senior Dev Ops Engineer with 5+ years in Systems Engineering/DevOps, improving, in the day-to-day basics, security, capacity, scalability, reliability, and system performance in large-scale server infrastructure at a cloud computing or managed services provider setting is highly desirable in both a public and private cloud implementation setting.
- Primarily responsible for cloud infrastructure setup ensuring stability, scaling, security, and high availability of the company platform.
- Responsible for infrastructure planning, testing, and development.
- Responsible for the deployment of builds to various servers and EXE & APK builds to various online Stores.
- Participate in validation of software releases and hardware upgrades.
- Keep technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies, understanding how they might benefit the Technology Team and the company.
- Responsible for backup and restore of company platform critical data and files.
- Managing and deploying multiple AWS Service (e.g. EC2, CloudFront, S3).
- Constantly reviewing and monitoring cloud infrastructure setup looking for opportunities to enhance security, scale and add stability to ensure high availability of the company platform.
- Assist fellow employees with cybersecurity, software, hardware, or IT needs.
- Evaluate system performances and recommend improvements.
- Assist in triage of production performance issues in a fast and efficient manner.
- Implements an on-going cloud cost optimisation process.
- Liaise with client dev ops team to help install private cloud implementation of the company.
- Liaise with third party companies during penetration testing.
- Liaise closely with the Technical Leads to be in line with the Technology Roadmap.
- Collaborate with the Development, QA, and Infrastructure teams regarding performance engineering, to identify and verify tuning enhancements for applications and services.
- Communicate with Application Development team when upgrades will cause application performance issues.
- Open to out of office hours on call support as and when required
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in a computer science related course.
- 5 plus years experience
- In-depth knowledge of cloud architectures and implementation best practices.
- Proven experience with AWS, or other cloud hosting providers.
- Strong knowledge on UNIX systems.
- Exposure & experience on IaC (Infrastructure as a Code) or any other management and provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Chef, Puppet)
- Working knowledge of Docker containers and Kubernetes or AWS ECS and AWS EKS.
- Experience setting up, securing, maintaining, and backing up relational & non-relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis).
- In-depth knowledge of security protocols, principles, and best practices.
- Proven experience developing, operating, and maintaining security systems, including anti-virus applications, content filtering, firewalls, authentication systems and intrusion detection and notification systems.
- Proficiency in networking technologies, network security and performance, and network monitoring solutions.
- Strong experience with monitoring and alerting tools (e.g. AWS CloudWatch, Prometheus, Pingdom)
- Experience with application security testing.
- Experience in finding and debugging performance issues in applications.
- Excellent CI/CD experience.
- A deep understanding of automation tools.
- Experience using version control platforms (e.g. Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC)
- Good understanding of RESTful API
- Clear ability to assess priority of multiple issues.
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve complex problems.
- Excellent communication and people interaction skills, polite and professional, firm but fair.
- Comfortable communicating clearly and with ease to management and to development team.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge on Information Security compliance (e.g. ISO 27001, SOC2)
- Instrumentation of code, measurement, and identification of performance bottlenecks in the system.
- Experience on mail configuration services.
- Understanding of ITIL v3 framework and how it applies to incident, problem, and change.
- Previous experience managing and deploying Serverless applications.
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence or equivalent.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Eirevo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Eirevo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this