itContracting are seeking a Linux Administrator for our client based in Cork.
Type of contract: Day Rate Contract - 6 months initially
Business Unit: IT Operations
Level: 4 (ITP3)
You will work as part of the Group Technology team that delivers the day-to-day maintenance and management of the IT infrastructure to ensure delivery of the agreed level of IT services to the business. You will play a key role in the fast growing Linux services team, which is responsible for the support and maintenance of all Linux and UNIX system within the company
The role will require you to support on various technically challenging company Projects that will reside on Linux and UNIX system Hardware/Software. You will ensure that we align our control framework to maintain and control the server farm, both virtual and physical. Alongside this, you will monitor the environment and build out additional requirements to support the business needs.
You will work as part of an effective, innovation focused and committed team. The team is responsible for implementing changes in multiple environments from development to production.
- Build, Monitor and Administer Linux, Unix environments
- Contribute to the Automation of processes
- Escalate & effectively resolve issues that arise
- Responsible for vulnerability Management on the Estate
- Effectively work with the business to provide support for projects as required
- This role involves server-side operations and solving problem that support mission-critical and development activities
- Configure user access and monitor system stability and security through deployment and everyday use
- Clear communication and collaborate approach with other developers to develop and implement system enhancements
- Help maintain system security by actively identifying faults and vulnerable areas within the system’s architecture
- Extensive familiarity with Linux systems and servers
- Strong knowledge of Bash scripting & Ansible or similar automation tool
- RHEL Linux Administration various versions experience (5 years+)
- Red Hat Satellite
- Experienced in patching, compiling, securing and resolving issues with Linux servers in an agile environment
- Confident know how to back up and restore files for your users
- Strong know how to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot hardware systems
- Self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
- Teammate displaying ability to work with others within and outside the team and a willingness to be flexible to assist in achieving the overall goals of the team
- Enthusiastic, committed and proactive approach to problem solving
- Solaris Administration experience
- Oracle & MySQL DBA Admin Skills various versions
- AWS/Azure migration experience
- Experience of Vmware
- Ticketing/Alerting Systems experience an advantage
- IT Diploma College Certification or equivalent.
For more information please apply here or contact Holly Grant or Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
eir evo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this