Head of Performance, Reward and Recognition - UK & Ireland
Here at Three, we've done things differently since day one.
We're a big-hearted energetic bunch, striving for a better-connected life. The energy of our people, the pace at which we operate, and the thrill of making bold moves is exhilarating and addictive. Magic happens when we power the connections that millions value, and you can feel it. When these things combine, phenomenal things happen. We encourage our employees to face their weaknesses, to really open themselves up to new challenges and projects in a super-charged and rich learning environment. We want you to become the best version of yourself.
Join us as aHead of Performance, Reward and Recognition - UK & Ireland
This role reports to the Director of People Proposition, UK & Ireland, and is responsible for a cross geography delivery team. Play a key role in supporting the Director of People Proposition and has the accountability for design and delivery of Performance, Reward and Recognition strategy, including but not limited to company-wide, functional, cyclical activities, annual calendar of events, managing relevant working group, etc.
What else it involves
In addition to above
* Accountable for ensuring our reward and recognition propositions and priorities are always in line with the commercial needs of the business and aligns to the strategy of both companies.
* Manage budgets and external suppliers / partners required to support specific propositions and engagement activity.
* Aware and engaged with the external market and regulatory environment. Recognizes, considers, and mitigates likely impact of this on the business e.g., talent market pressures, legislative changes such as ethnicity pay gap reporting, etc
* Has the foresight to see what potential challenges and opportunities may arise for the business in delivering their objectives and support the leaders with right tools to mitigate it
* They coach, guide and directly manage the Performance, Reward and Recognition team across both geographies to help deliver propositions, cyclical activities and engagement plan including all annual activities
* The role requires close collaboration with other members of People Proposition teams, People Business Partners, wider people team and other functional teams to enable business strategic and operational plans and deliverables to be acted upon and embedded, culminating in a great experience for our employees.
* Accountable for design and delivery of Performance management, Reward (including tax and relocation) and Recognition strategy
* including all cyclical and ad hoc activities. Lead the team to design, project manage and deliver proposition to achieve required outcomes to support people priority programme and short term and long-term business objectives
* Responsible to ensure we regularly review, enhance, and improve our process, tools, and user experience to support the business strategy and objectives.
* Encourage and guide the team to develop innovative solutions by integrating and analysing complex and diverse information sources and clearly present recommendations and proposals.
* Ensure effective engagement and embedding of our propositions with engaging communication plans and tools
* Support the Director of People Propositions with Remco papers and proposals.
* Lead and deliver on the weekly Reward governance committee and regular processes and reporting.
* Builds capability of others by teaching, coaching and/or mentoring them to do an excellent job for the long-term objectives.
* Specifically, provides constructive feedback; for example, encouraging others to assess how things have gone, and learn from their experiences.
* Working collaboratively across the organisation, ensuring their team are abreast of current trends, business issues and commercial direction. Engaging and influencing with the Leadership Teams to understand their requirements, as well ensuring their team work collaboratively with comms and other teams around the people team and business who are enablers.
* Ensuring they seek business insight and feedback from the People Business Partners. Making sure the offer is current and relevant to the needs of employee's as well as the business.
* As part of the project management and usual business activity support the team to solve any uncovered and emerging issues, barriers and/or needs of the business and manage key stakeholders
* Identify shortcomings and implement improvements in current processes, systems, and procedures within your area of operation. Recommends ways to improve support for operations by inputting into the necessary owners to adjust policies, processes, standards, and practices.
* Identify and use metrics to evaluate success of the proposition and identify possible impacts on the business.
The skills we re looking for
In addition to above,
* Substantial work experience together with comprehensive job-related experience in area of expertise to a fully competent level. Is considered a trusted advisor and an established expert in their area of operation. Previous experience and knowledge in Compensation and Benefits essential.
* Ability to influence well at all levels, confident engaging with the Senior leadership team (SLT) and Wider Leadership Teams (WLT).
* Proven track record as a people leader. Leading specialist teams across medium to large organisations.
* Uses expertise to act as lead on planning, organizing, prioritising and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
* Uses comprehensive knowledge, skills and understanding of business environment and objectives while providing guidance and training to others on maintaining high performance.
* Focuses on assessing, measuring, and improving performance. Shows drive and determination to meet short- and long-term goals. Specifically, strives to meet challenging goals; for example, setting ambitious, but realistic goals for performance improvement (for self).
* Apply a solution mindset to the planning, execution, and monitoring of business activities during business as usual and times of change.
* Thinks through situations of varying degrees of complexity and ambiguity, in order to understand them clearly. Specifically, cuts through complexity; for example, explaining complex situations or data in a way that is easy for others to understand.
* Commercial acumen with a clear understanding of the correlation between the commerciality of the organisation and our Reward propositions.
* Inspiring team leader and a great team player with a willingness to learn and grow.
* Great planning, organisation, and communication skills.
Benefits of Working at Three
Flexible working with our new Hybrid model, our employees will enjoy more flexibility working from home and our office locations (2/3 days per week office based). Please see job description for the office location of this role
Competitive salary, annual performance bonus & pension contribution
25 days holidays plus 2.5 company days
Annual Leave buy or sell (buy or sell up to 5 days AL each year)
Healthcare Insurance through our flexible benefits programme
Life assurance, phone & laptop, subsidized canteen
Access to learning & development tools such as LinkedIn Learning
Free on-site parking
Three Ireland is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal employment and growing a diverse workforce. We embrace those of any race, colour, gender identity, age, ancestry, religion, disability, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, or sexual orientation; and we want our teams to reflect this!
Email me jobs like this