Senior Systems Administrator
- Day Rate Contract (6 to 9 months initially)
- Hybrid working, with our client in Dublin
Senior Systems Administrator for assigned technologies including HCI, Backups, Windows, Active Directory, VMWare, Vulnerability Management and Compliance.
Project related activities including, upgrading existing infrastructure and systems, and integrating new systems into the IT Infrastructure.
Specific areas of responsibility:
Administration of the following:
- Nimble Storage and HCI
- Nimble and VMware integration
- Backup hardware, software, monitoring and reporting tools
- Technical operations resource for Disaster recovery
- Configure and administer VMWare
- Manage Windows server compliance
- Security Vulnerability management
- Manage day-to-day systems administration tasks for Storage, Windows Server, Active Directory, backups and other assigned technologies
- Meet operational objectives for availability, performance and security
- Resolve support issues in line with agreed SLAs
- Ensure compliance with technical and security standards
- Ensure compliance with Global technology and security standards.
- Provide operational support for core infrastructure including data centres, hardware and system backups
- Provide technical input into project activities and deliver technical tasks
The above is not an exhaustive list and will include completing any other reasonable task requested by management, which may include tasks outside the normal scope of this position.
Candidates should possess a third level qualification in an IT related discipline or alternatively, a general primary degree followed by a postgraduate IT qualification
Experience / Skills required:
- Five plus years relevant post qualification experience
- Experience working in complex multi-site environment with international connectivity to other territories
- HPE Nimble administration experience a plus
- Backup administration experience including appliances, software and monitoring and reporting tools
- VMWare ESXi
- VMWare Certified Professional certification highly desirable
- Windows 2012/2016/2019 Active Directory
- Aptitude for technical operational work
- Strong customer service skills
- Solution orientated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Structured approach to work
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter – demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment
- Committed to quality and excellence
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Adaptable and open
A more detailed job spec is available on application.
Candidates must be eligible to work full time and long term in Ireland or currently hold a valid appropriate long term work Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
eir evo, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this