Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We’re already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We’re doing more than dream, we’re creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
The main purpose of this role is to support the complete life cycle of new/modified software product, from research and design to implementation, training and support in the cloud.
The individual will work with lead engineers to write and modify programmes; testing code; diagnosing faults in software; and designing programmes to solve those faults. All these tasks typically involve a detailed and meticulous problem-solving process. To work within an Agile and Scrum manner to focus on incremental delivery of platform components and capabilities, with early feedback input required from both colleagues and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the delivery of software being developed to meet the business requirements on time with appropriate quality and at the right cost
- Contribute to the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements as required
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Investigates problem areas.
- Follows the software development lifecycle
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Improves operations by conducting analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Provides information by collecting, analysing, and summarizing development and service issues
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 2+ Years of software development industry experience
- Knowledge of object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Experience in analysing data while developing solutions to problems
- Knowledge of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Working experience with Unix/Linux
- Experience in scripting languages such as bash and python
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience in building high-performance, highly available and scalable systems
- Experience debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
- Experience with cloud technologies and initiatives
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience with one or more message brokers Kafka, NATS, HiveMQ or RabbitMQ
- Experience with managing distributed systems and or IOT devices
- DevOps background with understanding of Docker, Kubernetes and Containerization
For more information about Jaguar Land Rover take a look at www.jaguarlandrover.com/ www.jaguarlandrovercareers.com and connect with us on LinkedIn
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and private medical cover. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.