We are looking for the right person to join our Internal IT Systems Engineer team. In this role you would have the opportunity to work on a variety of issues, including handle break/fix, configuration, troubleshooting, software installations, and hardware repair. In this role, you would ensure all systems and related applications and infrastructure are supported and maintained to industry best practice and agreed standards.
You will be an escalation pointto handle issues coming in bound from the Service Desk Analysts, applying your expertise to resolve issues where they have been unable.
Communication and collaboration are paramount in this role, you will work closelywith a variety of internal and external business stakeholders and will be continually engaged in collaborating with our clients. What You Will Do
* Systems maintenance and management - Ensuring all systems and hardware under Group IT support are being maintained in line with thresholds regularly, such as Windows updates, system restarts, HA failovers and general housekeeping.
* System stability, availability improvements and housekeeping - Responsible for ensuring system are running stable and responsibly and formulate recommendations for improvements to the current systems and solutions to improve service availability. E.g. building scripts to automate processes, reducing resource threshold where underused, altering Nagios to allow superior detection of issues.
* Escalations for L1 - Provide diagnostic and specialist care of any issues that cannot be resolved by the Level 1 Team. Together withescalatingsupport and system issues up to 3rd line where necessary with prompt and effective delivery
* On Site Support - Accountable for onsite support at respective offices around the UK.Including all aspects of end Usercomputing, server room Maintenace and patching, Servers and virtualinfrastructures
* Handover of systems and process to L1 - Responsible for identifying when systems and solutions are ready and handing those over to the Service Desk to support in a phased and consistent manner. Create support to be wrapped around new systems in line with declared support criteria.
* Training and Mentoring of L1 - Ensuring that the Level 1 Support function have the tools and knowledge to effectively support the Internal Infrastructure in line with their published Roles & Responsibilities.
* Ensure compliance to relevant compliancestandards (i.e. ISO 27001, 9001) and security standards(i.e. CIS, STIG) to help ensure we control, report and adequately measure and handle risks the business faces.
* WorkClosely with the Technical Projects team and IT Management on other tasks and projectsas required to support wider business plans and initiatives.
* Manage your workload and proactively pickup requests and other work through the ITSM tool.
* Asset management - Responsible for ensuring that the assets required to deliver services are properly controlled, and that accurate and reliable information about those assets is available when and where it is needed. What You Will Have
* Capability to problem solve; undertaking or designing tests to eliminate possible issues and working quickly and efficiently towards a solution, sometimes facing technologies for the 1st time, taking a pride in a job well done and becoming a "safe-pair-of-hands" for our business.
* A friendly, engaging and professional demeanorwith good communication skills, bothverbal and written, being able to operate at all levels and articulate messages to a variety of different audiences. Understand people and cultural differences to build good relationships with colleagues.
* Keen willingness to work with and mentor others in the team and wider department on technologies, together with supporting the IT Technical team on other tasks as required to support the business needs and initiatives.
* Capability to follow infrastructure, support and procedural documentation.
* Understanding of Incident, Problem and Change Management within the ITIL framework.
* Self-motivated ability to work within an SLA driven environment and to consistently meet personal and team targets, managing multiple tasks simultaneously in a busy service desk environment
* A thorough and responsible attitude towards security and IT governance Ability toshare ideas concepts for
Email me jobs like this