itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Senior Cloud Security Engineer. This is a permanent position located with our client in Carlow. Hybrid options available.
A Senior Cloud Security Engineer will need strong technical skills, which may include experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, scripting languages like Python or PowerShell, and cloud provider platforms such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure. They should have good oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate security and risk-related concepts. They should also have ingenuity and strong problem-solving skills in order to swiftly and creatively deal with threats or flaws in our client's Cloud environments related to Security.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the administration and management of native cloud security services and other solutions that are deployed to secure cloud infrastructure
- Serve as an escalation path for team members to trouble shoot security related inquiries
- Partnering with peers to find an appropriate balance between DevOps and security
- Design, build and deliver cloud threat analytics by leveraging cloud log correlation, AI & machine learning engines
- Design, configure, implement and leverage cloud services models such as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- Build and operate automated security operations, including experience scripting configuration automation
- Develop guidelines and review security configurations related to AWS and/or Azure deployments and common web application frameworks
- Design, plan, and implement security tools, controls, policies, and processes
- Integrate cloud security technologies into security operations center (SOC) standard operating procedures
- Integrate enterprise scale security solutions in AWS and/or Azure, including user, security, and networking configurations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or related field, or Similar field with related work experience (5+ years)
- Cloud systems engineering and operational experience in IT (AWS and/or Azure)
- Familiarity with Information Security frameworks and standards (i.e. CIS, NIST, MITRE, ITIL)
- Experience in scripting or programming languages such as Python, PowerShell, JSON, Chef/Puppet/Terraform/Ansible to design security as code
- Knowledge of web application security, browser security models
- Working experience with AWS Security Hub, Inspector, GuardDuty and Trusted Advisor.
- Ability to handle both hands-on technical work, and consulting and advising on cloud and data security risk across the organization
- Proven ability to utilize experiences in AWS or Azure cloud environments to assist developer teams in efforts to maintain the security of environments throughout deployment
- Hands-on expertise operating in an AWS and/or Azure environment with mastery of architecture and security capabilities in the cloud
- Understanding of network attacks, DDoS, Phishing, email protocols/security/spam, encryption, authentication, logging and log analysis, IP and device reputation, and security rules and policies
- Broad-based working knowledge of cloud platforms, identity federation, networking, application, database, infrastructure and/or server administration
- Experience liaising with peers to find an appropriate balance between DevOps and security
- Understanding of IT security best practices
- Strong knowledge of industry trends in security technology
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt learning into successful implementation
- Must be resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven, and adaptable with solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience integrating cloud security technologies into security operations center (SOC) standard operating procedures.
- Experience and knowledge integrating enterprise scale security solutions in AWS and/or Azure, including user, security, and networking configurations
- Experience designing, planning, and implementing security tools, controls, policies, and processes
- Experience developing guidelines and reviewing security configurations related to AWS and/or Azure deployments and common web application frameworks
- Experience building and operating automated security operations, including experience scripting configuration automation
- Ability to design, build and deliver cloud threat analytics by leveraging cloud log correlation, AI & machine learning engines
- Experience designing, configuring, implementing and leveraging cloud services models such as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
Nice to Have
- Experience with Network and/or Database Security
- Experience with Dockers, Kubernetes, and other Containers or Microservices tools/technologies and testing for and remediating container vulnerabilities.
- Experience achieving and maintaining compliance with SOC2, NIST 800-53, and other security frameworks
- Security certifications (CISSP, CEH, etc.)
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Daniel Gavin (0858589660 / firstname.lastname@example.org) in itContracting directly.
eir evo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this