Infrastructure Engineer (Operations & Monitoring)
This is a 6 month contract very likely to extend
(Including Datacentre Operations and Asset Management)
Environment: Datacenter, Windows Server, VMware & some Linux
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date cable schedules and rack diagrams to ensure that the datacentre's infrastructure is properly documented and that changes can be tracked over time.
- Managing the installation and configuration of new equipment, including ensuring that new cables and connections are properly labelled and added to the cable schedule and rack diagrams.
- Working with vendors and contractors when necessary to ensure that cable schedules and rack diagrams are accurate and up to date.
- Working with the third-party provider to ensure that the datacentre meets the organisation's needs and complies with any relevant regulations or industry standards.
- Configuring the datacentre for disaster recovery and business continuity to ensure that the organisation's operations can continue in the event of an outage or other disruption.
- Managing the performance of the datacentre, including monitoring and optimizing the datacentre's resources and capacity.
- Managing the cost of the data centre and ensuring that the organisation is getting the best possible value for its investment.
- Configuring and maintaining the secure portal used to access the datacentre, including setting up user accounts and roles, and managing access rights and permissions.
- Managing the authentication and authorisation of users accessing the datacentre through the secure portal, including implementing multi-factor authentication, and regularly reviewing and revoking access as needed.
- Monitoring and logging access to the datacentre through the secure portal, and reviewing logs for any suspicious or unauthorised access attempts.
- Inventorying and tracking all IT assets in the datacentre, including hardware, software, and licenses, to ensure accurate and up-to-date records.
- Managing the procurement and deployment of new IT assets, including coordinating with other teams and vendors, and ensuring that all new assets are properly inventoried and tracked.
- Monitoring and reporting on the status and usage of IT assets, including identifying and addressing any issues or concerns with underutilized or overutilized assets.
- Managing the decommissioning and disposal of IT assets, including coordinating with other teams and vendors, and ensuring that all assets are properly sanitized and disposed of in accordance with company policies and regulations.
- Ensuring that all IT assets are properly configured, maintained and updated in order to meet the security, compliance and performance requirements.
- Managing the software and license compliance, making sure the company is not at risk of non-compliance penalties.
Candidates must be eligible to work full time and long term in Ireland or currently hold a valid appropriate long term work Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
eir evo, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this