Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Galway is currently seeking to recruit a Software Developer for Specialist Engineering Software into our growing Galway office who are part of our Specialist Engineering & Consultancy division.
This role is based in our Galway office; however, we recognise the value of remote and hybrid working so are open to applications from candidates from outside of this area.
Join a culture of innovation , pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
Our Clients and Projects
It's a future for all of us . We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society.
Our Engineering Software team develops a range of commercial software tools that support the breadth of the offshore energy industry, including analysis and design tools for floating offshore wind platforms, mooring systems, subsea dynamic power cables, subsea pipelines and risers, and wave energy converters. Our client list is global and includes major international offshore energy companies, engineering contractors, equipment suppliers, engineering consultancies and technology developers. Our solutions include both desktop products and web-based solutions deployed on the cloud.
What we can offer
* Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across renewables and emerging energy sectors
* Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid working where relevant
* Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
* Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
* Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
* Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood.
* User interface development for Wood's range of offshore structural analysis software, including web-enabled applications
* Working as part of a team developing new and existing products within our range of offshore structural analysis software and custom software solutions
* Assisting in the verification, validation and documentation of new software features and updates
* Involvement in a global team delivering multi-disciplinary projects
* Participation in an Agile / SCRUM software development methodology
* Assisting in the provision of a timely and comprehensive technical support service to clients that are using Wood Subsea Engineering Software (both internal Wood clients and external clients)
Skills / Qualifications
You may read these details and are potentially thinking about not applying due to not having every single skill, knowledge or experience listed, and that's understandable. However, we'd still like to hear from you. At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences. So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges do apply.
What you will bring to the job
* Honours degree in computer science / computer studies or equivalent
* Knowledge of software design principles
* Programming experience with the following:
* C# and .NET Core
* Microsoft SQL server
* Visual Studio
* Ability to work autonomously when required, and to contribute to high-performing teams
* Experience with any of the following would be beneficial:
* Microsoft .NET WPF
* C++ and Microsoft MFC for Windows desktop development
* Any experience with cloud development, ideally AWS
* General Linux OS use
* Use of Azure DevOps and Git
* Use of Agile development methodology, such as SCRUM
* Good written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Email me jobs like this