itContracting are seeking to recruit a Senior Business System Analyst for our client based in Carlow
This is a hybrid working role and the successful candidate will be required on site 2-3 days per week.
The Sr. Business System Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of the defining the business objectives into technical requirements within the agile team. They participate in the advancement of Data solutions across a business portfolio by working closely with Business Units, Product Owners, Developers and Architects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, and task/process/workflow analysis selecting the appropriate means of representing the requirement and ensuring traceability back to source (tools such as blueworks, Lucid Chart for process mapping, excel).
- Collaborates with the Business Architect, Product Owner, agile team and relevant subject matter experts to define concise and effective user stories from the capabilities roadmap also detailing precise and accurate acceptance criteria. This includes functional and non-functional requirements
- Collaborates with the Product Owner on prioritization and grooming of the capability backlog. Ensure that key information needed to support PO prioritization is current, accurate and available in a usable format to drive high quality decisions.
- Ensure product backlog quality of work item descriptions are concise and effective represent user needs, with any sufficiently detailed, precise acceptance criteria to support testing and acceptance of the work. Ensure that key data points on the work items are in place to provide expected transparency.
- Ensure that product backlog work items e.g. user stories are meeting the definition of ready in line with enterprise targets on backlog readiness, often called planning horizons or planning intake funnel
- Conduct data profiling and analysis to evaluate data sources to determine the best source for business information.
- Familiarity to source to target data mapping specifications
- May serve in a Scrum Master role for an agile team
- Thinks with the mind of the end customer at all times, ensuring solutions seek to improve the customer experience .
- Bachelor’s degree required, relevant professional qualification or acceptable industry experience.
- 6+ years successful experience in defining and delivering valuable solutions to our customers
- Experience in Fintech, Insurance industry and Cloud technologies would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Comfortable leading groups of people in discussions
- Able to deal with significant ambiguity and translate into more tangible outcomes
- Possess SQL skills and data analysis skills
- Proficient in developing data mapping specifications, including identification of data rules, defining transformation rules, etc.
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact Holly Grant in itContracting directly.
Eirevo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Eirevo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this